July 31, 2014 [Faithful]

"Only fear The Lord and serve Him faithfully with all of your heart. For consider what great things He has done for you." ~1 Samuel 12:24

Faithful-
This verse is so empowering verse to me. Instead of really talking about it and using it as a background for a bigger messge, I'm going to do something different. This time I want to really break down the verse and pay more attention to what it means.

When it says "Only fear The Lord", it doesn't mean be afraid of Him. The Lord is on our side! When it says fear, it means, be in awe of Him. He is so much more powerful and wondrous than us! When we see Him one day, we should all be in marvel and wonder just at the sound of His voice!

Where it says "serve Him faithfully" that's exactly what it says! We need to serve Him faithfully! You may be asking, How do I serve Him? You serve Him by helping bringing others to Him. The best way we can serve Him is by spreading His word! The next thing ties into that. We need to follow His orders by loving others, forgiving, and being kind!

"With all of your heart" means with all of you. You need to give everything to Him! If He were to come right now, would you be willing to leave everything behind? Your phone, laptop, tv, and even people! Some of your friends and family or even your crush, may not be saved. You have to be willing to give up everything for The Lord!

"For consider what great things He has done for you." This is almost an understatement. He DIED on the cross for all of us! We are awful, evil human beings, but this perfect saint walked the Earth for us and died so we could be forgiven! No words could describe how GREAT that is!!!

Dear God, thank you thank you THANK YOU. You have done so many things for me!! I will always be in awe of You, and I will give everything to You. I love you so much, God. Amen.