June 28, 2014 [Great Day]

"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." ~Psalm 118:24

Great Day-

Isn't today a great day? The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. You got an A+ on that test you were nervous about.

But what if it's the exact opposite? What if the sky is dark? What the dogs are barking? What if you got a D on that test you studied for for hours. Guess what? It's still a great day. It may not seem like it though.

Did you know, everyday should be a great day to us? The Lord has breathed life into you! He has given you this day. He has forgiven us for our sin. That's something to be happy about, right?

Sometimes earthly things ruin our day. It's okay to get upset sometimes; like I say in nearly every chapter, we're human. And we're going to have our days where we aren't going to be jumping for joy. But think about it! We are here for God! We share His message for Him! If there's a kid in your class that doesn't go to church, and he sees you upset and grumpy all the time, you're not representing God very well.

Try to be happy, and look at the bright side! If everything is falling apart, there's one thing that won't be: God! Come to Him when you are having a rough day. Thank Him for everything He has given you! There are so many things you can be grateful for. Everyday is like an opportunity. It's an opportunity to do something great for Him! So make sure to praise God for giving you such a great day!

Dear God, sometimes I'm not very thankful for every day. Sometimes I wish some days didn't even happen. But it's a day You've given me; I should be grateful! You've given me so many great things, and I need to focus on the positive. Thank you for giving me a great day, Lord! I love You. Amen.