April 11, 2014 [Speaking]

"Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples." ~Psalms 96:3

Hello guys! Before I start the devotion, I just want to say thank you, and I'm praying for every single one of you! I recently have just been seeing how much this story affects and relates to you guys, and it makes me so happy that I possibly could be making a difference in even one person's life. That's the whole point of this devotional book.

Thank you for everything. Not only does this make your faith in God stronger, but writing about it makes mine stronger too. Thank you.

******

We all do a lot of talking on a daily basis. Can you imagine if we couldn't talk? God gave us mouths for a reason: to spread His word! That's the whole reason we're here! A lot of us rarely talk about God to other people because, let's admit it, it's tough sometimes. It takes a lot of courage to tell someone about Jesus, or take someone to church you barely know. I pray every night that God helps me notice those situations and call me to them. It may be nerve-wrecking, but I'd rather try to bring someone to Him than just stand there! God says anyone who has not asked Him in their hearts is damned. Do you have friends that don't know Him? That means if He came down right this second, they wouldn't be coming to heaven. And imagine, maybe just telling them about scripture or offering to take them to church, God could save them. We sometimes turn God on and off, especially during a school day. That's definitely when He needs to be ON. That's an opportunity to share His word! My school had praise and worship lead by students every morning, and a speaker comes and tells something about God. I was extremely proud of one of my best friends who stood and spoke in front of about 60 people about Jesus last week. That takes a ton of courage! But she probably affected someone more than if an adult had spoken. Even if we take someone to church with us, we have more of an effect on our friends than adults do. So, always try to be a good example of God's work, and share His work to the world.

Dear God, I know it can be scary to tell someone about You, but I also know that's what You want us to do. Please instill the courage in me to be able to do this for You. And please remind me to be a good example for You. Amen.