September 22, 2014 [Friends]

"A friend loves at all times." ~Proverbs 17:17

Friends-

So, in a teenager's life, friends can be such a big thing. Everyone wants friends, no matter who you are. So, that's what makes it the hardest when you can't seem to make any. This was me, 2 years ago. I didn't really have a group; I didn't have a "best friend" or any friend for that matter. Yes, I had people that were nice to me, but I never actually considered any as friends. This absolutely took a toll on my life. When you're a teenager, it seems like the end of the world if you don't have friends. I didn't for a long time, but I turned out okay. :)

For the past three years, on the first day at school I've always sat by myself, and no one's said a thing to me. I'm hoping I can change that, but for now, it's okay if I don't. Now, I do consider many people my friends. I often think about the past years when I didn't have any. Were my standards too high? If this is the case for you, DON'T LOWER THEM! I wanted a nice person, someone who wasn't hollowed out: someone real. Of course, I wanted a Christian friend. So, this year I've made several friends along with reuniting with old ones.

The first two people I think of are the two girls I now sit with at lunch. They brighten up my entire day! I love how I can have a deep conversation with them, and then minutes later be laughing about a silly light thing we're talking about. I'm so lucky to be friends with them, and I'm so glad I have them! I absolutely wouldn't be nearly as happy!

I've also met a new girl in my art class. She isn't a Christian, but I don't see her as some "project" in trying to save. In all honesty, that's God's job, not mine. I love talking and being friends with her, but Christ is a part of me. He influences everything I do or say, so that comes out a lot like it does with anyone else I'm around. I do hope that God will work in her heart, but I still love her for who she is. She's such an amazing person, and I'm so glad I've gotten to know her!

Also, there are two girls from last year that really helped me through my dark times. One, has a lot in common with me. We became tremendously close last year, and I love being around her! The other is always helping me. We are always strengthening each others' relationship with Christ, and I know I can go to her with anything!

Overall, every single one of these people have influenced me this year. I remember nights last year when I would lay in bed at night, crying and begging for God to send a "friend" my way. My relationship has grown every since, and He has blessed me tremendously. So, if you're stuck in the ditch I was in for the past two years, don't give up. Use that time to grow closer to The Lord; maybe that's why He's separated you. Trust that He will lead the right people your way, because He absolutely will.

Dear God, I'm so thankful for the friends you have given me. I pray that You will use me to be a friend to others who need one. Friends are important; they are a close bond that can strengthen ties with You. I pray that You will guide the lost to me, so I can show them the love You've given them! Amen.