Mtmte!Swerve x Female!reader

Just minor spoilers for the comic series More than meets the eyes

:::Swerve's bar:::

You laughed softly as you sat on the bar, listening to one of Skids' jokes. You glanced at Swerve as he was cleaning some of the glasses. You had the perfect view of him from your place on the bar table. You loved looking at him, and even though he could ramble your ears off, you loved every moment of it.

Though something had been off about him in the last few days. He hasn't been talking as much as he used to. And when Swerve doesn't talk your ears off as the first thing in the day then something was wrong. 

You hadn't really mentioned it to him or anyone else. Though today you had decided to ask him about it. Once Skids was done telling his joke, you got up and walked across the table and sat down at the edge, right in front of Swerve. 

He placed the glass down and looked down at you with a big, bright smile. "Hey Y/N! Anything I can do for you?" You nodded your head softly. "I need to ask you a question. Are you doing okay Swerve? You have seemed out of it, these past few days. I'm a bit worried." 

Swerve's smile faltered drastically, which worried you to no end. This wasn't like Swerve, this wasn't Swerve. The rag he had used to clean the glass with, fell through his hand, and he began glitching. This wasn't Swerve, no, this was a projection of him. A holoform copy of him.

But if this wasn't Swerve, then where was he? You and the rest of the patrons in the bar panicked when Swerve disappeared. "What?!" Skids looked at the empty spot where the bartender had been standing in.

You snapped your head towards Skids. "We have to find him!" He looked down at you before nodding. "Yeah. Yeah! C'mon." He held out his servo and you jumped on. He ran out of the bar, stopping and the first hallway split. 

"Wait, where is his hab suite? Oh god! I don't even know where his hab suite is!" You touched Skids' thumb rubbing it softly. "It's that way." You pointed with your free hand to the left. Skids looked at you with panic before composing himself.

He nodded before running down the hallway, passing many 'bots on the way. Some of them looked at the two before shrugging it off and continuing on their way. They only stopped once they were right in front of Swerve's hab suite door.

Skids knocked on the door with his free hand. "Swerve? Are you in there?" No reply. "Swerve? Buddy?" Still nothing. "Kick it in." You said in a determined and stern voice. Skids looked down at you, never had he heard you this stern before.

He frowned before looking at the door. He nodded, setting you down a little farther away so you wouldn't get hurt, before taking a running start. A loud crash sounded through the hall, so loud that you were sure the whole ship heard it.

Soon as the door was gone, you ran forward and over to Skids. The big, blue bot, stood in the doorway, with a horrified expression. Soon as you looked inside you knew why. In the middle of the room, were Swerve, lying in his own lubricant, slowly rotting away.

"Swerve!" You hurried over to his side and shook his shoulder. "Swerve! Oh no, no, no. Please!" You turned back to Skids, who had crouched beside you. "We need to get him to the medbay!" Skids nodded before taking you and setting you on his shoulder. 

Next, he took hold of Swerve and carried him, in a side bridal style. He ran out of the hab suite, with you worried sick on his shoulder. "Please hold on Swerve." 

:::Swearth:::

"We came to help you Swerve." Said 'bot looked around the room. "Well, I'm glad that at least five 'bots will be at my funeral." Cyclonus sighed, a little annoyed that he didn't understand. "No Swerve. All of us. A little under 200 'bots signed up to help find you. Even if it hurts them to project this far, even if it could kill them." 

Swerve widened his eyes slightly while looking at Cyclonus' feminine holoform. "Y/N also wanted to come with us to find you but she wouldn't be able to. Instead, she is worried sick in the medbay, thinking that she wasn't a good enough friend for you." Swerve perked up at this.

"It was even her and Skids that found you." Swerve looked at the ground. All this time he had thought that he wasn't worthy of the friendship you gave him. But now he was an idiot that made you worry. 

"Swerve! You're bleeding." Swerve looked at the shoulder Tailgate had pointed to. On the white t-shirt of his holoform, appeared the Autobot logo. This made him smile. He would make it up to everyone, to you. 

Cyclonus reached out his hand for Swerve. He took it with a smile and let the feminine holoform make them go back. Swearth disappeared and Swerve got up in his real body. He noticed that he was in the medbay and that Ratchet was beside him.

Ratchet didn't say anything when he checked up on Swerve. All he did was motioning to Swerve's other side when he left. Swerve turned his head to look down at your sleeping form. A small rush of energon made his cheeks blue as he picked you up slowly, not wanting to wake you up.

You stirred a little, looking up at him with tired eyes. You smiled softly as you snuggled into his warm chassis, his spark giving off a soft sound. "I'm glad you're better now." You yawned still tired. "I was so worried." Swerve rubbed your back softly as he buried his faceplate in your soft hair. 

"No need to worry anymore. I am right here. I shouldn't have worried you so much. I am so-" You didn't let him finish as you shut him up with a kiss. "Don't." You didn't say anything else as you continued to snuggle into his chassis, him being silent without hurting.

Swerve needs more appreciation, you can fight me on this.