TFP!Shockwave x Human!reader

Shockwave grumbled, pouring some liquid from big vials into smaller glasses. You were sitting off a bit, watching him with wonder in your eyes.

You liked watching him whenever he was doing something sciency as it always gave different outcomes. It was fascinating. Shockwave didn't really mind you looking, most of the time.

Sometimes it got annoying and he would tell you to either go play or clean something. And sometimes you decided not to watch and instead draw or something similar.

And to any outsider your relationship with the scientist may have been seen as strange, but it worked for the two of you. You both liked each other as friends, and partners in the lab.

You had learned a lot about the different things inhabiting the universe thanks to your contribution in the lab. You even helped with project Predacon.

But back to now, Shockwave was brewing up a new concoction. Nothing you had ever seen in the lab before. You had asked him about it, but he had just shooed you off, telling you that it was a secret.

And, yeah, Shockwave had a lot of secrets, you knew that. This just felt like something more light hearted in its nature. Like, Shockwave hadn't been as forceful in his tone.

With the few years that you had been on the Nemesis you had learned what his body language meant and his tone of voice corresponding to his different emotions.

It was the reason you had decided to peek at his work instead of taking a hint and sitting for yourself. "C'mon, just tell me what you're making!"

Oh, how Shockwave hated your whining. It wasn't often that you would whine, but it was enough for him to get annoyed. "In due time, little one." His fins laid down flat against his helm, in concentration but also annoyance.

He slowly poured the liquid into the next vial, though right as the liquid hit the one in the vial it spewed up in smoke, covering most of the room, and most notably, Shockwave.

"Shocky!" The smoke cleared, and so did Shockwave. You couldn't see him, or hear him for the first few seconds. That was until a small yelp came from the floor, making you look down.

A tiny shockwave was on the floor, or at least, he looked tiny from your high vantage point. You hurried over to the elevator system you had been working on, lowering yourself to the floor.

Once down, you could see that he wasn't as small as you initially thought. Like, yeah, he was smaller than he was before, but he was a good head taller you.

With a pep in your step you hurried over to Shockwave, looking at him in confusion. You could hear him groan, fins near his helm. "Was this your surprise?"

You were smug, yes, but that is mostly because you think he didn't mean for himself to become this small. "Yes, and no. The surprise should have been for later today. And more controlled."

"And now you're gonna need help getting back to your tall, scary self." Okay, bad move. He was still scary, even when he was around the same height as you, his scowl and dark arua all that was needed to make him intimidating.

"Yes." His answer was short and sweet. He made his way over to your elevator system, taking it up to the table so that he could take a look at his vials and notes.

This was gonna be a long week.

And a long week it was. Megatron had found out about Shockwaves mishap. He scolded but also praised the scientist as this could be used to better infiltrate smaller areas.

And that made you relieved as they had used you to steal human stuff that they needed since you could get into small areas. You'd been nearly shot at a couple of times, saved by Shockwaves tank mode.

So the week over, you had Shockwave sleeping in your bed as the couch was too small for him and you. It wasn't too bad to be honest, though he was too big to fit, so you had to sleep on top of him.

You both kept it professional. You'd been lucky though, as because you'd been so interested in his work, you'd been able to help him create the reverse of whatever he'd created, making the process much easier.

And on the Friday the week after the incident, Shockwave was back to his normal size, ready to do experiments that felt natural. And to your surprise he had thanked you for your help.

And he even treated you with more respect than before, probably because he realized how difficult it could be for you to do a lot of stuff in a giants environment.