TFP!Steve x Human!reader

Requested by someone on Archive Of Our Own

You sighed softly as you walked up to the cave your friend was hiding in. You took a deep breath before walking in with some stuff you had collected. Once inside you waved to Steve as you put down your bag.

The giant Vehicon walked over to you before sitting down, crisscross. He tilted his helm while looking down at you. "Oh, I've had an okay day. Bit stressful but that's about it." His head went back to be straight.

You had gotten to know most of his body language because of the three years you had known him. "What about you?" He hung his head low, though not enough to touch the ground. "That bad? Did you really miss me that much?" He looked back at you and nodded frantically.

"Awe, come here you big baby." You smiled slightly as he picked you up before hugging you close. You hugged back the best that you could before he put you down again. "Alright, let's see, is there anything you need? Energon? A car wash? Something else?"

You always ask these questions when you arrived because he never really told you if he needed something. It always hurts you a bit but you know it's because he was used to getting belittled and punished for asking for something back on the Nemesis.

He looked off into the distance thinking about what you asked him before looking back at you. He then pointed at his mask, where his mouth would be. "Energon?" He nodded his head softly as he knelt closer to you. "Alright. Let's go get some energon."

You walked over to the entrance, looking out at the forest that was surrounding the cave, before looking back at Steve, giving him a giant and bright smile. "You coming?" You saw him perking up a bit, though that was all you could see happen since his face was covered.

**Time skip**

The two of you arrived at another cave, not too far away from Steve's little cozy home. Steve hit the breaks right outside of the entrance and let you out before transforming. He picked you up in his servo before walking in.

You placed your smaller hand on one of his digits, feeling the warmth he always radiated around you. You honestly found it flattering and it even confirmed your hypothesis that he had some kind of crush on you. It did not bother you in the slightest though since you liked Steve a lot.

Once inside the main opening of the cave, Steve put you down before walking over to some of the energon protruding from the walls, breaking off a pretty big piece. It was around the same size as your body.

He put it into his subspace, which you would guess is the same as the trunk in his car mode. He walked around trying to document in his helm how much energon that was left and how long it would last. He always did this to make sure that he didn't take too much and so that it would last longer.

You sat down on one of the rocks, taking out a notepad you had in your little messenger bag before you began to sketch Steve. The drawings you had of him were nowhere perfect but you were content with them, not wanting to change them one bit.

And even though they weren't the best you always kept them because they reminded you of Steve. Every line, every little touch of the pencil made it look a little more like him. You always made a little scene of the gentle giant. Sometimes it was of him on the floor, fixing one of his alien things, other times it might be of him holding a small animal with such gentle servos.

This time you drew him, holding onto one of the energon crystals with the same gentle servos, clearly thinking about something else, though you were never sure what. But you loved just looking at him when he was this way.

Your little peacetime was quickly broken when both of you heard voices. "No, you need to be quiet. I don't think that we're alone here." The sentence was followed by some beeps which sent Steve into a hurry, picking you up a little clumsily, making you drop your sketchbook.

He quickly transformed, with you landing in the passenger seat, driving way too fast for comfort out of the cave. You could hear someone shout, but not see anyone because you had closed your eyes tightly out of fear.

Once Steve slowed down you finally opened your eyes. You held your hand over your heart, feeling it pump harshly in your chest. "What the hell was that?!" Your outburst made Steve swerve a bit on the road, out of shock.

Even though this, he didn't say a word, like he never did. You slumped back into the seat with a shaky sigh. You didn't notice the tears falling before they landed on your thighs. You stared at the water as you began to sob. It wasn't violent sobs but it was enough for Steve to transform in the forest and hold you close.

You clung to the armor around his chest, your sobs becoming small gasps of breaths, as your little breakdown calmed down. You almost didn't catch the sound that came from Steve. "I'm sorry." You looked into his vizor, being able to slightly made out his eyes, his sad eyes that held worry for you.

You shook your head as you wiped away the tears. "It's not your fault. You just did what you felt was right." You looked up at him once again as you smiled. It wasn't your usual bright smile, but it was enough for Steve to know that you were going to be alright.

"Let's go back, big guy. I have a movie that I know you're gonna love." Steve smiled, even though he knew that you couldn't see it, transforming and driving off, to get back to the cave, content to make sure that you were going to see him, the real him and not this more robot one that the Decepticons had made him into.

"Wait... My sketchbook!"

~*Back in the energon cave*~

"What do you mean that the Decepticons have a human?!!" Bulkhead visibly flinched at Ratchet's loud voice, holding the small sketchbook gently in his servos. "What I mean is that we found this small sketchbook, with drawings of Vehicons, and I'm pretty sure that this wasn't made by another Decepticon."

A sigh could be heard from the other side of the comm. "Alright. Come back to base and we'll see what we can do about it." Bulkhead nodded his head, storing the small sketchbook in his subspace.

"Let's just hope that they're alright."