TFP!Bumblebee x Human!reader

This was requested by someone on Ao3. I hope you'll like it!

You sighed softly as you walked down the street of Jasper Nevada. It was your home town, though it wasn't anything special. It was quiet and nothing ever really happened. From what you knew the town didn't have any special secrets.

You loved it, yes, but it got boring. Just as boring as the school you always passed on your way home. Though you would say that most of the kids there were quite nice. Even though you were homeschooled you still got to know a few interesting people. 

Most notably Jack, Miko, and Rafael. They were very nice and they always hang out together. Even though they didn't seem to be the people that would get along, which it never looked like with Miko and Jack fighting, and Rafael just quietly working on his computer. 

Which changed when you arrived and began hanging out with their little crew. You were even able to scare off Vince one or two times, making them all respect you even more. But you always had this subconscious feeling that they were hiding something. All three of them, but you weren't sure what.

That was until this fateful day, where you met your soon to be soulmate/spark mate. It started the same way this monologue did. You sighing as you were walking down one of the streets. You walked past the school like every other day, before waiting near the carpool, for your little crew of friends.

First out was of course Miko, then Jack and last, Rafael. You walked up to the three, with a small wave. "Hey, guys! Where were you yesterday? I came by and you never came out of the school?" The three began whispering between each other.

You couldn't hear everything they were talking about but you made out one small sentence. "Should we tell them?" Coming from Miko. Jack shook his head before the three walked over to you. You gave them a suspicious look.

"Sorry about yesterday, we just needed to help some friends." You looked at him dead in the eyes, making sure that all of the other kids were gone. "And by friends, I would guess that you would mean your motorcycle and the two mysterious cars that pick you up."

They all looked at you with shocked expressions. "Don't think I haven't noticed the big car you ride in," you pointed at Miko, "doesn't have a driver. And yours doesn't either," this time your finger was pointed at Rafael. "And you, you talk so much with your motorcycle."

Your attention was now at Jack. "I honestly thought that you were going insane until I heard it talkback, which made me think that I was going insane," you turned your attention to all three of them. "But no, I've heard you talk to the cars as well. Don't think that I am stupid, it's so easy to figure out." 

Rafael looked at you with a sad expression which made you sigh and calm down. "So I guess that you are mad at us?" Miko looked at you with the same sad expression as Jack looked at the ground. "Yes, I am very mad at you, because you kept a secret from me. The three of you clearly all know about it." 

They all looked away from you until Jack grabbed your wrist. "Alright, we won't keep it a secret anymore. We promise. You can go with me." You nodded your head as you let him guide you over to his motorcycle.

He gave you a spare helmet before getting on. You got on after him, holding him close since this was your first time on a motorcycle. It took off at high speeds, speeding out of the small town and onto some roads just outside. You kept holding on tightly as you heard him talk to someone, you would guess the motorcycle, but who Jack was talking to wasn't your main priority.

No, it was not dying. You didn't realize for a bit that the motorcycle had finally stopped, letting you and Jack get off. Taking off the helmet, you shook your head, your hair a bit tangled. "Never doing that again." You looked around the room you were in when you heard metal against metal.

Your eyes widened a lot as you were looking at giant robots. "Okay, I will admit, this wasn't what I was expecting when you were talking with your motorcycle." You told Jack in a low voice. One big red and blue one walked over to the little human area, you, Jack, Miko, and Rafael had located yourselves in.

"Greetings. My name is Optimus Prime and I am the leader of the Autobots. We're autonomous organic beings that have come to earth to protect it from Megatron, leader of the Decepticons." You nodded along to what he was saying before you wanted to introduce yourself.

"Well, my name is Y/N and I am a friend to those three over there." You pointed at the kids as Optimus nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you Y/N." You dipped your head a bit, already respecting the leader. "Pleasure's all mine."

"Let me introduce you to my team. This is Ratchet. He is our medic." He pointed over at a red and white robot, branding an ambulance mark. "Arcee. A warrior and Jack's guardian." He pointed at a much smaller robot, that showed some feminine traits.

"Bulkhead. Also a warrior and former wrecker. He is Miko's guardian." He pointed to a bit and round bot, that had a green color scheme. "And at last, Bumblebee. Our scout and Rafael's guardian." You looked over at the last bot.

He had a yellow color scheme, and you honestly thought he looked cute. His name did fit him as he looked a bit like a bumblebee. You nodded your head to Optimus once again. "It is a pleasure to meet all of you." 

You wanted to talk to Optimus some more but Miko came over and grabbed your upper arm before dragging you off with her to a yellow couch where she sat you down. "Alright, let's see if you can beat Bumblebee's score!" 

She threw a controller into your lap, and you looked at it with doubtful eyes. "I'm not sure. I don't play a lot of games." Miko sat down beside you draping an arm around your shoulders. "C'mon just give it a shot! I know you hold a few of the high scores back at the arcade." 

You looked from the controller and over at her. "But that's different-" "Nah ah." She waved a finger in your face as to shut you up. "No excuses.  You're gonna compete against Bumblebee and there's no getting around it. It's a way to get welcomed." 

Jack raised an eyebrow, giving her a 'really?' face. She just stuck out her tongue at him. "Alright." Bumblee walked over to the small human area after Miko had said his name. He gave off a few beeps. "Yeah, she wanted you to compete against me."

Everyone looked at you with a shocked expression. "You can understand him?" Rafael came up to you as he asked the question. "Yeah, is that not a good thing." Suddenly you felt your body jerk as Bumblebee picked you up and nuzzled into you giving off happy beeps.

You padded his helm softly as the kids looked at the two of you with smiles, happy that he had another human to talk to. "Well, I have thought about it." Optimus came over to you and Bumblebee, sporting his own smile. 

"Because you're gonna need a guardian, so perhaps if you're willing to take on the responsibility of two humans." He turned to look at Bumblebee as he talked before turning back to you. "He could be your guardian." You looked up at Bumblebee who was looking at you.

Both of you looked back up and nodded simultaneously. 

~~~Few months later~~~

You looked up at Bumblebee with tears brimming in your eyes. "Do you really have to go?" Bumblebee kneeled down so he was eye level with you, wiping away some of your tears. You held onto his digit as more tears fell. "Yes, I have a lot of responsibilities now. But, hey, once we figure out how to have oxygen on Cybertron then you are more than welcome to visit." 

You nodded your head as you nuzzled into his digit once again before letting go. "Promise that you'll stay safe." Bumblebee looked at you with a soft smile. "I promise if you promise me to stay strong." You looked at him while wiping away some tears. "I promise." 

He smiled softly before ruffling a bit of your hair. He stood back up before turning to the space bridge. He turned his upper body around and waved at you before he disappeared. You wiped away the tears delivering on your promise of staying strong.

"Goodbye Bumblebee. Till we meet again."