TFA!Prowl x Human!reader

Optimus looked at you with sorrow in his optics as he and the others returned from the battle against Megatron, the warlord in cuffs. You raised your head as you looked to them, happy to know that they survived.

You smiled widely as you jumped up from your hiding spot, running up to them. "Optimus! You're back." Optimus looked at you with a sorrowful look. "We came to ask if you wanted to accompany us to Cybertron?"

You tilted your head slightly as you were curious as to why. You were just a human, and not one of them like Sari. The only thing that was significant was that you were with Prowl. So your only question was as to what had happened?

::: 6 months earlier :::

You and Prowl had met out in forest as you had decided to take a hike there, alone, so that you could listen to the many melodies of nature. You had even found a lake that you didn't know was there.

You sat down near the lake, letting the cool watery air flow through your hair, as you closed your eyes to feel the cold tingle on your cheeks. That's when you heard some sticks snap behind you, which made you look into the growth of the forest.

At first you didn't see anything, so you just wanted to shrug it off as an animal jumping close. But the feeling of being watched was there, and it creeped you out to no end. So you looked back again, hoping to at least see if it was an animal.

What you hadn't expected, was to lock your gaze with one of the Autobots that was living in Detroit. You've seen them before, either just driving by, or fighting the Decepticons. But you've never been this up close to one.

The robot walked out from the forest line when they saw you looking at them. They walked over to you, sitting down by the shore, right beside you. You looked back out at the lake, focusing on the light that was broken into smaller splotches on the water.

None of you talked for the time that you both were sitting by the lake, just relishing the quiet of the forest, the only sound being the chirping birds in the lush trees.

Not even when you got up so that you go home. You just quickly thanked him for the company before going on your merry way, ready to start work again. You noticed each other a few times throughout the days, whenever he would stop Decepticons from destroying the city.

You were a bit appalled though, when you had gone back to the lake, the same time just a month later, the 'bot was already there. You just went to sit down beside him, looking once amore at the glistening water.

"I'm Prowl." You looked up at the 'bot, noticing that he was staring out at the water, before looking at you as well. "I'm Y/N." The two of you both looked out at the lake again, now content with at least knowing each other's names.

At least you were, so that you wouldn't have to call him "the 'bot" constantly. This time you weren't the first one to leave the company, since Prowl apparently needed to be with the other 'bots.

It didn't bother you since you were the first one to walk away the last time. Though you left only a few minutes after him, as the loneliness began to creep up your spine.

You kept meeting like this, sitting in eachothers company, it even got more frequent, so that instead once a month it was twice. You only made short small talk with only one or two words from each. It was nice.

It even got to the point where you could feel something for him. At first you thought that it was some kind of friendship that the two of you had formed, but you weren't sure.

Luckily for you, Prowl seemed to be the one that made the first move. It happened when the two of you were sitting in your usual spots. He looked down at you, his expression neutral, as always. "Can you explain something for me?"

You had looked back up at him, catching the gaze that came from his vizor. "Sure?" Prowl extended his servo down to you, the first gesture he ever did when sitting at the lake. You figured out pretty quick what he wanted since it was so close to the ground.

Scooting over, you placed yourself in his palm, letting him hold you in front of him. "How come you've never been afraid of me? Even the smallest bit. You've continued to come here keeping me company. Why?"

You tilted your head slightly. "Because I don't see a reason to be afraid of you. Plus I like being in your company." You smiled softly as you closed your eyes. What you didn't see was the sun that peeked out from behind the clouds, casting your body in a golden light, but Prowl certainly did, and he widened his optics.

The quiet moment was interrupted your phone as it rang a soft tune. It was time for you to go home. You opened your eyes picking out the phone from your pocket, shutting off the tune. "I have to go. Need to meet my friend for some cake. I guess we'll see each other tomorrow?"

::: Present :::

You sat quietly in the room that the Autobots had given you. Your knees to your chest, tear stains on your cheeks. Most of the room was in shambles, as you hadn't been kind to it.

A knock on the door got you out of your mourning trance, and made you looked at the locked door. "Hey, it's me, Sari. OP wanted to meet you in the lounge. He wanted to talk to you about your stay." You listened to what she was saying, but you didn't pay attention.

After a moment of silence Sari spoke once again. "I'll tell him that you'll be out whenever you're ready." She paused for a moment, long enough for you to think that she had left. "Just remember, I'll always be here for you."

Her voice was comforting, like it always was whenever the two of you would talk. "You made Prowl happy, you made us all happy. And we want to make you happy too, so we'll all be here."

You didn't answer, the silence too comforting to break. "I'll see you around." You continued to stare at the wall as you heard her footsteps fade away, complete silence once again taking over.

::: 3 months ago :::

You chuckled softly as you watched Bumblebee do some weird trick, Sari by your side. You were currently at the Autobots main place, the warehouse, where you were waiting for Prowl, as the two of you were going on a small date.

You clapped your hands as Bumblebee finished his trick. That's when you heard a door open behind the couch you and Sari were sitting on, revealing Prowl. "Ready to go?" He nodded his head as he picked you up and walking out of the warehouse, leaving the Autobots behind, all of them branding knowing smiles.

You and Prowl had decided to go to your favorite lake, since you hadn't had the opportunity to go there for quite some time, after the whole Megatron returning to wreck the city, and the Autobot head command arriving right after.

Luckily though, you had gotten to spend more time together at the warehouse as you had told the others about your friendship, that they have already figured out is a romantic relationship.

When you arrived at the lake, Prowl sat down near the shore, placing you in his lap, letting the beautiful sounds of the forest surround the both of you. It was nice and tranquil, the perfect combination for the both of you. And you wished that you could stay like this forever.