Chap. 70

{ CHRIS POV }

"And whats makes you boys so sure about this "plan"? Last time you got into some shit like this Christopher, ya almost died! Why would you put yourself back in that predicament?!" My mama yelled and me and Devon.

Mostly me.

We were telling her about the plan and how we were planning to get Carter back if everything goes smoothly as we hope and pray it does.

"Mama, we have to do something! He isn't just going to give him back to us. You know how much he means to Teyana just like the other kids. I'm tired of seeing her crying and stuff. Last night for her birthday, we didn't even do anything because she wasn't in the mood to."

She sighed, "This is just so dangerous." She said shaking her head. "You're putting someone else's life up for you, again? Y'all haven't y'all lesson from that girl getting killed?"

"Mama, he's okay with it! He actually wants to do it because he wants to get revenge back on August anyways." I said.

"Yeah, he's August cousin and they got bad blood. That's the dude that raped Teyana and they thought Carter was going to be for him. August shot him, had him in the hospital for a while. Dude almost didn't make it. He tried to apologize to August in jail and stuff ever since. Said August didn't wanna speak to him. Now that he's out, he back for revenge. He's perfect for our plan because August already know him." Devon explained.

My mama frowned putting her dish towel down and turned towards us completely.

"Wait a minute.." She said closing her eyes, "So you telling me, August's cousin, the one that raped your wife, y'all communicating and dapping this nigga  like y'all cool now?"

"We not cool shit.." I said drinking my drink and she glared at me. "Sorry, Ian mean to curse" I said and Devon laughed.

"We not cool with him. In fact Chris already beat his ass the first time we met up with him." Devon said.

"Every time I see his face, I just want to beat it in so he can feel the pain my girl felt.." I mumbled  just thinking bout the shit I could do to Weezy.

"Oh..Thought I would have had to go get my belt and beat you boys silly." She said and continuing cooking.

"Belt? Mama we grown! You can't whoop us anymore." Devon said.

She turned back, "You wanna bet? You ain't never too old to get your ass whooped." She said.

"Im good." He said shaking his head and I laughed.

"Anyways mama, if this work out, you know how happy Teyana gonna be?" I asked her

"Yeah, he is her son." She said. "Isn't her birthday coming up though, what's the plans? You can't let her stay inside crying and mopping like last year."

"I know. We already argued about the fact that we gonna spend time with one another away from the kids and go somewhere for a lil weekend or something." I answered.

"Ouu, fancy. Where you taking her?" My mom asked.

"Baby making world." Devon answered and I smacked my lips.

"With all this going on, I don't think we ready for another child right now. It's gonna take our minds off of Carter and focus on the new baby. Plus I'm getting old, ion have time for another kid." I shook my head saying . 

"Now you too old? When Tey around, you all about putting my niece or nephew in her." He said and I flipped him off.

"All ima day is, where we y'all go, don't come back with no babies." She said. "I'm good with the grand babies that I have now." She smiled. "From the both of you."

"Yeah. I don't know. I still want another kid or two before it's too late for her." I said.

"Shid, I'm done with kids. I'm good with the one I have now." Devon said

"Devon you barely even go see that baby. Ever since you and his mama broke up, you haven't been in his life. I'm tired of that girl calling my phone and -"

"Mama I'm leaving. I have business to take care of." He said and with that, he got up leaving out te kitchen.

After Devon and his ex-girlfriend/baby mama broke up, he haven't been in touch with her nor his son.

Unless he wants to fuck.

Which is quite pathetic and I'm going to never be like nor will I set that stand for my sons like that.

My mama was still going on about how Devon needed to step up to the plate with his son. When we heard the front door close shut, she stopped.

"He make me sick. Ignorant ass. I was gonna tell him that Yasmine was gonna put him on child support if he didn't step up to the plate but he doesn't want to hear it so he'll find out himself through the mail." She said and I sighed shaking my head.

"It kinda don't even make sense for her to do that when they be in and off. Whenever he wants her back, she go back. Don't make sense."

Dude gotta do better.

"It ain't my business." She said. "You want some white beans? I just have to fry the fish."

"Of course. What you think I'm still here?" I said and she laughed.

_________________

Comment Your Thoughts .