92

Late Night

Dave

Just as I was getting ready to lay my head down and fall asleep, the sound of banging at my door suddenly woke me up. Sitting up in my bed, I got up and took my glock up out of my dresser before slowly closing it back. Walking out of my bedroom, I quickly went over to Kairi's room to see her fast asleep as always.

Moving down towards the stairs, I held the gun tight and close to me as the banging continued. Once my feet drew closer to the door, my hand touched the knob to unlock the door before I quickly opened it up and pointed my gun. Seeing who it was, I wish I pulled the trigger in a quick instant.

"Nigga what in the hell is you doing trynna shoot somebody? You need to be shooting at them damn hooligans who stole my food stamps," as I slowly put my gun down, my Uncle Harvey showed up at my door.

"Nigga what you want?" I gave him a glared and clenched my jaw not letting him in.

When I tell you, this man was a cruel human being, you wouldn't know the half of it. Growing up as a little boy, this man was a lazy fuck who stayed with me and my moms. Nigga tried to run the house, never wanted to work, and would beat me like a Piñata. As I grew older, he started to grow some balls and work, but when I was barely at home dealing, he'd try to bring younger women to the house. As money got tight for him, he'd try and beat me up for money.

He's the reason why I am this cold hearted person, but Parker? She showed me that there will always be light at the end of a tunnel, I just gotta pray and stay strong.

"You not gon welcome your own flesh and blood in? There should be no need to get violent now," he took the toothpick out of his mouth before looking up at me.

No need to get violent? You're the sick bastard who my mother would praise upon because she was so blind to see what a cruel person you truly were. The sad part is, it took her over twenty years to realize what you were really all about. First off, how does the nigga know where I live?

"Flesh and blood? Nigga you's a stranger to me. You could never be my own flesh and blood," sucking my teeth, I wasn't trying to hear what the ole man had to say to me. I ain't seen you since I left Harlem. I now get the chance to live in Bronxville and you wanna be suspect, no I'm not falling for it.

"I-I know you may not want to hear from me right now it's because I'm-" as he could even finish the sentence, he began to could and wheeze while being hung over a little bit. Do I feel sorry for whatever sickness he got going on? No. You got what was coming to you and that's shame on you.

Once the coughing died down, he looked back at me, "I-I'm your father Dave," he wheezed again, but I was ready to put that gun straight up to his head, but I heard it tight.

"Man, don't bullshit me, and STOP the lies mane, you tripping," setting the gun down on the stand by the flowers, I folded my arms to look over at him.

Ain't no way my momma crazy enough to marry this fool. My father is dead from a fucking car crash I was way too small to remember, but that's how the rest of the family tells me.

"I am your father boy, now let me in so I can explain."

The Next Day

Parker

Waking up to the smell of pancakes and bacon, I slowly opened up my eyes and turned over towards the other side of the bed. Of course Malcom's side of the bed was already made and his personal chef decided to make me breakfast. Last night was my worst nightmare and thank god it didn't lead to sex. I think it's time to throw in the towel and be free.