55

Clenching my jaw I wasn't afraid of what might come next. Killing me ain't gon solve ya problems and I know once the bullet goes through my body, you gon be a dead man walking. Karma gon come to these men and I ain't fronting. They can kill me over a few bills, but Kairi is straight for years to come, Parker got her little side money I've stashed away from her, my family straight, my niggas gon be fine, and the rights of this shop WILL turn over to Slime if anything.

"It's like that huh? If you gon shoot me, go 'head, I won't stop you, but if it's money you want, take the cash, ion care," placing one of my hands over the other, I looked at the masked man right in his face as he was getting ready to blow my brains out.

Just then, he pulled the mask down and I saw Darrien looking at me in the face.

"Any last words?" Clocking the gun closer to my head, he really thought I was afraid of him.

"You took my baby mamas and got her pregnant, I gained full custody of my daughter, took Parker away from ya ass, and now you want to kill me for what? You want Parker back? Go ahead, we ended shit nigga, I cheated on her ass."

He began to chuckle, which turned into a laugh, "You? Dave East cheated on Parker and she left just like that? Don't worry, she'll crawl back one day cause that's what she does. Parker is WEAK and always has been. You can break her like a toothpick and she won't feel the pain. I came here for you. Now, give me the money and I won't have to blow your brains out."

Just as I was ready to take the gun away from him and fight him off, I saw cop cars roll up right in front of the shop. God, now they can take his musty ass out of my shop. Once two officers came in, those masked dropped away quickly from the other two guys and pistols were hidden.

Darrien let go of me and ready to head out of the shop, "We gon finish this nigga," him and his little ugly ass minions of a crew walked out as the officers came closer towards the desk I was standing behind.

"Hi officers, is there a problem? Can I help you guys?" Scanning their facial expressions, I wanted to know why they in my shop? I ain't do shit, so what seems to be the problem?

"We're looking for Sean Anderson, he is an associate of yours and we were wondering where he might be." One of them cocked their eyebrow at me before grabbing out a small notebook.

Nigga what? What they talkin' bout? The hell did Sean do? If Regina finds out about whatever he did, this baby may not get to see its daddy. 

"I have not heard from him in two days officers, I'm unaware of where he may be, if something comes up, I will certainly let you know," giving them a brief smile, I thought that would be enough to let them come out the shop, but nope, they wanted to know more.

"It's a nice shop you have here..David Brewster," the other officer took up my business cards that Parker helped me design. The shit must've looked some type of way cause he was staring at the shit for mad long. 

"Thank you sir," if it was one thing my mama always taught me was to not show fear and be serious at all times. Even if you scared like a bitch, don't let them sense your fear or terror. Police were never my type of people, so I be damned if I let them get one over on me.

"Maybe I'll come here for a tune up sometime," one of them chuckled before they got a call to meet up somewhere else.

In no rush, they quickly left just in time the rest of these fools came. Now they show up when I really NEEDED them. Could've gotten shot or the police could've been looking for me. People nowadays be sneaky, and I don't need any parts of bullshit. I'm focused on this new house, my daughter, the shop, and getting Parker back. If it's nothing else, ion care.