53

Dave

Since the guys came over to the house and tried to set things straight with me, I was out of line to disrespect them, but I was mad, so what? It's a new year and I should learn to control my anger and think about what cones out of my mouth.

Obviously I didn't use my head when I Parker found out about Yasmine, but best believe I'm gonna try to get her back in my life for sure. My mind still runs on Parker, but right now I need to focus on the shop and the new house.

I went behind Parker's back and purchased the home and signed the contract. Yesterday, I went to closing. Yes, it's a shady move, but this isn't something I'm doing to try and win her back. Honestly, the home is nice so why not go back and buy it?

The change is needed and I need the extra minute drive to get to work. Plus, Kairi likes her new school that she's still going to be attending, so it still would work in our favor.

Once I dropped my sweet angel off to school, I drove straight to work and checked to make sure everyone clocked in on time for work. Everything was in great shape and all that was needed to be worked on was the inventory for the online shop, the lounge area for the bar upstairs, and an apology to the guys.

They were coming through to support and help me and it was my actions that made me the asshole. Might as well try and dig my way out of one hole since I'm completely stuck in another one.

Going up to the lounge area, they were all chilling around since the shop didn't open up until 8:00 a.m and it was now 7:15 a.m. Once they saw me come upstairs, the conversation died down and all the attention was on me.

"Aye ya'll, that shit I pulled the other day was outta line and my bad. Ian mean to come at any of ya'll side ways or none of that. Ya'll my boys and my family. Without ya'll, my ass would be lost like a bitch."

Looking over at Slime, he gestured me a nod that shit was okay before standing up and beginning to speak, "Mane, quit with allat bullshit, you was pressed, we get it. Most importantly, we thank YOU for showing us there's a way out the hood and by opening up the shop, it paved the way. Thank you my brother," extending his hand, we dapped each other up.

Now these people are who you call true friends. It's time to fix these cars and get this money. Heading back downstairs, Kentrell rushed in as if he saw a damn ghost. Being the trigger happy person he is, Peanut held his side as if there's a gun in his uniform pocket.

I tell these niggas over and over that they don't work at the warehouse no more and that this shop is a gun-free zone by any means necessary.

"Trell, you good? What happened?" I walked over to him steady with ease. He still a kid, but ian trynna come too harsh on him.

"I-I saw Parker this morning going to her office cause I wanted to talk to her about something, but she had a suitcase and wasn't wearing her normal clothes." The way this boy talked fast, you'd think he's on a race track.

"Aye, slow down, why you worried?"

"She's going to JFK Airport for her job and she ain't coming back mane." Wait, Parker took the job promotion? I'm so proud of her. She really doing things for herself and I am proud of her. She bossing up in the big world.

"Nigga, why you still here?" Slime looked over at me.

"Guys, she don't wanna talk to me, so I'm gon leave her alone, but I'm happy she got the job promotion. Leave it at that," walking towards my office, they shook their heads at me before getting ready for customers.

What a fucking idiot I am. Let me go get her ass.

Parker

Just as I walked over to Marshall's office with my suitcase, there was what seemed to be the rest of the group. Funny thing is, I've never seen not one of them so I was lost as hell. Just as I entered, I made my way over to a bench and sat down next to a tall guy.