76

Dave

"Slow down Kairi," watching my sweet angel run up the steps to the slide, I was out with a few of the hellas and we took our kids to the park. Kentrell had his son, Slime had the twins, Glizzy had his little girl, and Izzy had his son as well. It's tough being a single parent, but shit it's like when Millie picks up the phone, it's all on her terms not mine.

Her ass supposedly moved off to Miami, but I know she ain't leaving New York, her ass bout broke as a mug and she still be calling from time to time for money. Darrien is her nigga, what he not doing? His ass was trynna "kill" me, but his ass ain't showed up yet.

"Mane where did time go? Seem just like yesterday they was in they momma belly and our asses was actually on good terms with they mamas," kicking a pebble, Kentrell was looking out at the kids on the playground.

"Nigga speak for yo self, my ass is happily married," Slime mumbled making all of us laugh. Ain't gon lie shit was funny, but he had a point. I used to love Millie and we had a good ass thing going on, but when shit turns left, you dead to me.

Now it makes me wonder what would happen if I had gotten Parker pregnant. Her ass would be looking all sexy and shit, but a nigga fucked up and can't turn back the time.

"I see what you saying Trell, but shit love ain't real no more, these women be snakes and we take the bait sometimes. When it's the other way around, we don't admit to our mistakes and we find new pussy later down the road," Glizzy dapped up Trell and even Izzy and they began to laugh.

The young bloods don't get it. A nigga bouta be 31 and still hitting the clubs and girls always coming left to right, more than ever now that Parker and I called it quits. People my age got the big ass dog, white fence, happily married and got kids.

Yes, I got out the drug game and started my own business, but parts of the street life still lingers and lives within me.

"Ayo check this shit out," tapping on my shoulder, Izzy tapped my shoulder as the guys gathered around to watch the TMZ report of Malcom with Parker out on a date last night. Wow, she really balling in a Rolls Royce though. I'm happy for her, and she's given the world that I could never provide.

"Mane that's yo girl, you better go after her and pipe her down," Izzy commented. Yeah like my dick can surpass a foreign car and a 60 million dollar contract. Come again nigga, I'm only worth a couple hundred thousand and all that shit comes from left over drug money and not even a fraction of what I make now.

"Nigga the shit is over and dead my nigga," keeping my eyes focused on the kids playing, I ain't wanna draw attention to myself.

Parker may be in my life, but the shit is temporary. Even I know it.

****

Coming back from the park and making our way to Slime's house, there was a few cars in the driveway, probably Candice and the girls talking about God knows what. Females be so extra mane.

"Chile please, Parker can't speak to us regular folk soon enough cause she's a big star now...How she get Malcom Drew though?" As all of us came in through the front door, chatter came from the living room and Candice plus a few other women were talking.

"Shit, I know I gave her a place to stay but soon enough she gon be moving right across the street and we can't even ring the doorbell. Don't get me wrong, Malcom is a nice guy, but we ALL know she ain't over Dave." 

To my surprise, Regina was sitting right front and center. Wow, I thought friends don't talk behind each other's back, but here she is.

"What ya'll over here talking bout?" Trying to dim down the conversation the girls were previously having, Slime butted in before moving over towards his wife and kissing her. All the kids were knocked out and tired, so I thought it would be in my best interest to set them down in a room to take a nap, but nah. I can't be in a household full of female snakes.