46

Dave

Yo, last night was beyond amazing with Parker. When I tell you ole girl put shit down, you wouldn't believe. Even though my ass was semi-paralyzed, she made me feel as if I could walk again.

Now that it's New Years and we had only hours left for preparation for the New Years party, there was no time to play around and we NEEDED to get stuff done.

"Baby, have you seen my curing rods, I can't find them," freaking out, Parker was worried about her hair and Lord knows when she start to go crazy, that only puts us another hour behind.

"Ma, I can't find that right now, we got food in the oven and there's still more things that need to be made." Rushing out of the room, I had went over towards Kairi's room to see her trying to dress herself.

Need I mention, ya boy went to the doctor's today and there is no more wheelchair! The bad news is that I gotta walk with a cane. Watch out now, I'm a pimp, and we pimping big style over on our side.

"Princess, what are you doing?" Looking at my daughter she had her sweater inside out, black pants weren't even buttoned, and she was wearing the wrong pair of socks. Don't get me started on the child's hair, it was a mess.

"I wanna be proper," giggling at me, I shook my head before slowly bending down. The doctors say it will hurt to bend, but I gotta stretch the muscles.

"Let's fix that, shall we?" Smiling at her, she began to giggle at me before helping her up off of the floor and we dug through her closet.

Nearly twenty-five minutes later, she had an EPIC do over and my baby girl was looking right in some burgundy leggings, a white long sleeve that had ruffles at the collar, a gray cardigan sweater that Jenny bought her, pearl earrings, and black socks.

The longest part that took up time was her damn hair. Could I ever get this girl to pick a style? Yes she had my phone to watch videos, but DAMN was she picky. After three trials and errors, we went with the three pigtails that had white clips on the ends. Parker calls them plats, but I like pigtails better.

Taking lessons from your girlfriend, you learn a couple more things or two about hair. Once laying her edges down, she sped out of the chair and went downstairs to do Lord knows what.

Sighing and shaking my head, I put her hair accessories box back in the top of her closet just to make things more accessible. Kids are a trip, but you gotta learn to love them regardless.

Hearing my phone vibrate, it was a text from Slime that he was getting ready to come through. Even though he lived a bit further, that man can drive like a NASCAR driver. He is the first person to reach at any function, and I needed shit to be perfect for the sake of Parker.

Heading downstairs, the decorations were looking right and all that needed to be made was the spinach and cheese dip and the pasta salad. As far as liquor,wine, and beer that shit was covered and I know more was underway. Yes, everyone is going to bring a little something, but all we made was some barbecue and sweet chili wings, macaroni and cheese, sandwich sliders, stuffed seafood shells which consisted of lobster, cheese and some other shit Parker made, a fruit and veggie platter, and that's it.

As far as the guest list, it ain't too long so I hope hella people show up that weren't invited.

"Kairi, I'm going upstairs to get dress okay, if the doorbell rings you know what to do right?" Looking at her, I waited for an answer.

"Check the doorbell through the TV and if I don't know, don't answer."

"My babygirl!" For security reasons, I got a security installed doorbell for the sake of my family's safety. Since I got a little one running around, it's best to be extra cautious.