8

Morning

I began to smile bright reminiscing over Dave and our conversation from last night.

Thinking back to him made me not doubt myself with this date. Maybe I should open up myself to him and see where this date could go. Yes, he seems extremely nice just by the way he talks and carries himself, but I'm not going to tear down my walls so quickly. I need to know more about him.

For one, what does he do for a living?

As I began to make my way out of my room, you know I had to check myself in the mirror. My black and white grid flared pants captivated the simple white v-neck I wore with my jeans jacket. My black heels had a thick wedge so, I think I'm good. I used a mustard wrap to go around my hair, like a banana.

Honestly, If they tell my black ass to come back home just because of my "work attire" I'm honestly going to throw a fit cause of the outfits I see my co-workers in makes me wonder. How are you gonna show up to work in a party dress?

I just threw on my clear glasses cause I wasn't feeling the contacts today. I swear I need to stop sleeping in them before I literally go blind.

Changing my previous bag, I threw all my files and notes in a burgundy Jansport backpack. I really wasn't rocking with today so they better not try me. As far as makeup, the brows were done and I just had on some chap stick. I'm a whole ass mood today.

I was that lazy to the point where I took a damn Uber to work. Don't judge me. Looking through my kitchen, I turned on my Keurig ready to make coffee. Since there was little change in my wallet, I'd have to eventually spend money on lunch. Quickly, I grabbed a blueberry muffin and banana. In a few minutes time, the coffee was poured into my white marble bottle that had creme and sugar.

Looking at the time, I made sure to lock up everything before coming out of the house. Heading towards the lobby, a notification came across my screen that the Uber driver was ready.

After making my way into the Nissan Altima from the lobby, I sat in the back seat resting the back pack beside me before feeling the car move off. Boy I hope it's not a long day today. I hate Tuesdays.

Dave

Getting Kairi ready for yet another fun day, I wanted to take her to an aquarium becuase she stay watching them little ass fish on Animal Planet. I swear she only watches that, Discovery Channel and if not Disney Movies. Ion know what I'm gon do with my lil princess when she gets older.

I decided to make us match by wearing Champion sweat pants, Nike air forces, and a black champion t-shirt. To pop it off, we wore matching chains I gave to her on ha first birthday. It had our initials graved into a cross sign.

Once I took off the durag from around my head, my braids were laid down, but sooner or later I'm gon have to touch em up. Simply grabbing Kairi's hair supplies, I placed two tiny buns on her hair as she watched YouTube on my phone.

My baby girl don't like to sit still without having something to occupy her time. When she's on YouTube, she'll watch something about animals. As long as she's educating herself, that's what matters.

Moments after I was done, Parker ran across my mind. She is something special and I decided to text her. Taking my phone from Kairi, I tapped on my messages going to click on her name.

Parker🔥😍: Good morning beautiful, I know you working real hard today, but I just hope all goes well and may you shine bright baybeh😘

Smiling as the message sent, I made sure the room was in order before guiding my daughter downstairs to whip up a quick breakfast. She was soon placed in a booster seat.