41

Dave

As the week has been going on, the movements are starting to get a little bit better in my feet. For instance, I can wiggle my toes around, but it hurts when I try to apply pressure to the muscle in my legs. Crystal is helpful, and here we are trying to get me to stand up and use my balance skills.

As far as Parker, she has to go back to work for good next week making me feel somewhat sad. I'd love for her to stay, but she gotta do her and that's all there is to it. She finished putting touches on the case against Millie, and our court date is scheduled for tomorrow.

"Okay Dave, how does it feel standing up? Do you want to try and move around a little bit?" Taking my hands in hers, Crystal made sure not to make me fall and be straight.

I felt nervous and not wanting to move. In addition, my head would start to feel dizzy as I stand up for too long. When feeling this way, Crystal gave me a stress ball and told me to apply pressure. By doing so, my nerves would be at ease.

Taking the ball out of my pocket, I did what was taught and it helped a little bit before wanting to shuffle my feet, but there was no action being done. It was all in my mind and my body didn't want to forcefully respond.

"Baby, I can help you, we got this," coming from around Crystal, there was Parker coming from out of the kitchen in a grey fuzzy sweatshirt, black leggings, and Fenty fur slides. Replacing Crystal's hands with mine, she gave me a soft smile that made me melt.

"Remember when we when to the charity event and slow danced for the first time? You had two left feet for the most part," chuckling, her flashbacks made me shake my head smiling.

"Wanna give this a try?" Turning her head off to the side calmly, her brown eyes seeped into my face as I looked down as her feet shuffled. Gazing back up at her face, I shook my head giving in.

"Now, Dave I want you to place your feet on Parker's toes and Parker, walk around in small motions just to let him have a feel of not being in the chair."

Following her directions, we did as told while locking onto each other's hands. To me, it felt as if we went back to that night and we began that slow dance. She was looking beautiful as ever and our movements were gracefully in sync.

Just like now, our movements were all in one as she lifted me up with her toes and wobbled me around in small circles. Although it may have looked weird, it was better than stretch Tuesdays where Crystal would try and do leg exercises. Them shits would hurt.

Continuing for a bit more, we were told to stop before doing some more tricks.

"When will you think he can be ready for the parallel bars? Anytime soon?" Feeling concerned, Parker began to ask questions I was too afraid to ask.

"Well, according to his great progress reports and vital signs, we're thinking that he just might be able to start within the next two weeks for sooner if he feels up for it. Keep up the good work Dave and I'll be back in tomorrow." Smiling from ear to ear, once again she grabbed her belongings before heading out to leave.

My next doctor appointment should be within those same two weeks, but I'm sure it's all good news. Whenever I'm done with my sessions, Parker takes me up to the shop and I'm excited to go. Now that everything is in progress and I got shit together, I'm happy seeing how well it's turning out.

"Babe, you guys ready?" Turning the wheelchair around towards the kitchen, my ass was waiting for Kairi and Parker to put on their shoes and jacket.

"Have patience sir, everything takes time," bundling Kairi up in her bubble jacket, Parker then put on a twenty-three degree jacket carrying mine to put it on me. Thanking her, she then helped me put on some Air Jordans while she and Kairi had on boots.

As all of us got ourselves together, we headed towards her vehicle after locking up the house and I managed to get myself inside the car. It was difficult the first couple of times, but now it's okay. Kairi was strapped in her car seat and finally, Parker came inside the driver's side.

Coming out of the driveway, we headed straight for the shop and I was happy to go see some of my boys. They all come through for me, which is why I'll FOREVER give them respect no matter what.

****

"What do you want us to do with him boss?" Looking over at Ricky, my body turned to see Mug tied up in a chair with duck tape around him mouth. There were bloody cuts and bruises all over his face and here I am looking in his face.

All this time, a man who has showed me the ropes and fine lines of the game is now in my face. He broke me down multiple times, but now I'm able to put an end to it all.

Parker and Kairi was all the way upstairs in the lounge area where they hung out with Jenny, Sean's sister who was in town for the holidays.

"I want you to end his life and don't hesitate to bring him pain for all the years of torture he's brought me."

Hearing loud grunts, he began to plead and beg, but I was tired of playing Mr. Nice Guy, people needed to know they couldn't get over on me anymore. Once I get back the strength in these legs, I'm doing what's right for my family.

I don't want nor do I need more enemies, it's just time to let shit go.

Parker

"So, when do you think Dave's going to pop the question?" Choking on my water, I couldn't help but cough loudly before Jenny pat my back softly to let the water come back up.

I couldn't believe what this woman would ask me. Yes, Dave and I have been together for a long period of time, but THIS isn't the question that needs to be asked right now.

"Dave and I haven't even had sex yet," speaking lowly, I didn't want Kairi to hear that. Of course, Jenny was shocked as ever.

"Okay, now you know you gotta go give him a little some soon. Child, who cares if he's in a wheel chair, you better show him a little passion. Ya'll didn't even do nothing when he was walking? You different different girl...couldn't be me," reaching over towards the table, she grabbed her glass of wine taking a large sip.

Maybe she was right, I probably NEED to please Dave to let him know that I'm still in love with him and want to love him. He probably thinks that I'm not into sex or wants to take his time with me since Darrien left me traumatized.

Either way, I gotta give him a little sneak peak of something, cause I can't have a fine man up in a chair not getting some form of action.

Parker, time to pull out all your tricks and roll up these sleeves..you got some WORK to do.

Hey guys, the chapter was a little short and simple, but at least Mug is finally out of the picture. I wonder what they did to him? Parker is planning to give Dave some good good😏 Anyways, Dave's progress is speeding up and he's semi-balanced. By Chapter 50, he'll be walking again, don't worry y'all. I'll see you in the next chapter 💞