18

As I continued to drive down towards Parker's house, all I could think of is what she could possibly say to me. For one, I'm pretty sure she ain't say all that crazy shit cause I know she wouldn't say that shit. Or would she? Don't get me wrong, Parker ain't gone pull no lame shit, best buh'lee dat, no cap.

Looking back in my rear view mirror, I began to see Kairi trailing her eyes out the window. Mane, the shit I put her through. Millie wasn't all crazy til my money stacked up real high while I was in the game. She would splurge up on clothes, jewelry, shoes, and even pay for her non-having asss friends. They used to tell her that I'm just a regular ole nobody who would never be shit, but they still taking my money from my hands.

Focusing back on Kairi, she deserves so much more and I will FIGHT for baby girl, even if it means pulling a crazy ass stunt to prove that I'm a better parent. Millie and I both know I could raise ha. Even my damn mama wouldn't mind pitching in. She's the ONLY woman who I can always say got my back. Getting locked up changed me, but throwing myself back in each time only hurt her.

"Kairi, ya know daddy loves you right? Look, I'll do anything in my power to keep you safe, even if it means saying the wrong words. Mommy and I can't always see eye to eye on things, but we love.." noticing her trail off to sleep made me laugh.

My lil ole stinky butt. She's the best creation God has ever provided to me, which I thank him for EVERY single day.

Pulling up to the lobby, I escalated into a parking spot, putting the car in park. After putting my keys in my pocket, I opened up my door closing it, going over towards the back seat to pull Kairi out gently. Smoothly walking towards the lobby, we made our way into the elevator just waiting patiently.

With her gentle head resting along my shoulder, I began to allow negative thoughts to trail off my mind. What if Parker doesn't want to talk to me ever again? What else did Millie tell her? Once the doors slowly opened up, I headed towards her door and slowly knocked on it. Moments passed and she slowly opened up the door at a slight angel.

My heart began to break seeing her puffy eyes stare straight into my eyes. Her dried tears stained along her cheek making my chest heave up and down. A colorful scarf wrapped around her head and had on some boy shorts and a tank top.

"W-What do you want, it's nearly 10:00," she glared up at me with narrow eyes feeling anger.

"Can we come inside please?" I looked down at her seeing her eyes trail up at Kairi sleeping on my shoulder. Gently, she opened up the door wider letting me inside before closing the door behind me.

Trailing my feet inside, I headed towards her bedroom to place Kairi lightly on her bed before heading out of the room. Turning the door close to me, I shut it before going in the living room. There Parker was, sitting in the couch and crossing her arms before looking up at me.

"Why the hell are you even here?" her voice increased before bringing it back to a normal tune.

"Look, I may not know the full details as to what Millie said to you and why she even said it, but Parker I like you a lot and.."

"Don't bullshit me Dave! She told me everything I need to know and it seems like you're just wrapped around her finger huh? You think bringing Kairi here is going to make me forgive you?"

"Forgive me for what? Parker WHAT did she say to you exactly cause you're making yourself sound crazy..just breathe," walking towards her, I sat down on the opposite couch.

"She's been sleeping with Darrien for so many years and I was BLIND enough to not even see the signs. On top of that, she's having his baby! She told me t-that she went over to your house last night..Is that even true Dave? Did you sleep with her?"

Chuckling at all the mess Millie has done made me turn towards Parker holding her hands in mine.

"I didn't sleep with her and she never came over. Today I was so pissed off at the fact that she sent me a voice memo saying how you hate me and Kairi. It went on to say that you loved Darrien and Millie was the one who ruined the relationship you had with him. Mama I honestly don't even want the nigga round my kid for one. Second, I went over there to take Kairi away from that environment cause I know she'll feel safer around you. Before I left the other night I wanted to tell you something that needed to come off my chest.."

Her eyes stared into mine as if they were in need of something.

"W-What is it Dave?"

"Parker I know we only went on one date and all, but I ain't trying to picture my days without you in it. Yes, I might be talking out of my head, but can we try another date? And if you feel as if I'm putting too much on you, we can slow down as slow as you want ma."

She began to chuckle showing those pearly whites I love. Nodding her head 'yes', she gently grabbed my hand and pulled me off of the couch to stare blankly into my eyes once I was on my feet.

"Let's not let other people's thoughts get in the way of our friendship," her head tilted to the side in an adoring way making me want to plant my lips on her badly.

"We friends now huh? So it's coo for friends to eat each other out right? Cause ion mind eating out the box again," playfully, she pushed me aside laughing.

"That was something that we never speak of, now come on, I got work in the morning and you have a meeting tomorrow about the mechanic shop to sign over the deal," shuffling her feet back towards her room, I took my hand grabbing a chunk of her fat ass pulling her back close.

"Dave stop," resting my chin in the crook of her neck with my arms gently wrapped around her, her nerves came to an ease.

"I just wanna hold you, that's all ma..can I do that?" speaking in a seductive whisper, she fell under my trap and began to bite onto her precious lips as I eased one of my hands down her thighs, rubbing it softly.

"Mmm..y-yes," her silent moan made me plant my lips along her jawline, gliding my tongue across her cheek, causing her to giggle.

Soon enough, I pulled away and she turned back to me slowly.

"What made you stop?" she questioned.

"We're just friends remember?" I cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Y-Yeah..right. So uhh, I'll see you tomorrow morning then huh?"

"Mmhm..I'll crash here, Kairi is in your room," going back towards the couch, I spread out my legs and grabbed the throw blanket that was on the arm of the couch, tossing it over me.

And with that being said, I closed my eyes and went to sleep once I heard her turn on her heels. One day Dave..just wait til I finally make her mines.

I know this chapter is kind of short but I wanted them to talk out their differences and I was actually going through writers block😓 I'll probably go watch some Netflix to catch some ideas..speaking of which WHO IS READY FOR RIVERDALE? 😱Are y'all gon see The Hate U Give cause I love that book y'all! 😍 Shit, let my book turn into a movie, it would be wild! Anyways.....bye💞