100

The Wedding Day

As makeup was being applied to my face for the second time, in this moment, everything felt so real and I felt butterflies in my stomach. Dave is only dying to see me right now and Mama Faye is with the babies. Man oh man, I feel like I'm crying every split second, but it's just my nerves acting up. I'm seriously about to be Mrs. Brewster in less than half an out and I couldn't wish for a better man to marry more than him.

"You nervous?" Regina looked over at me.

"I'm happy, excited and all sorts of nerves piled up in one. Me and Dave are getting married today and I finally feel like the scrambled pieces of my life are now put in order and glued together because of him. Regina, Dave is my everything and I can't wait to just kiss him. I haven't seen him for two weeks."

Marshall simply smiled, "Well I'm happy you two are in love and doing the DAMN thing, can I get a cheers to that," raising up her champagne glass, we all rose ours and they clinked together before we took our first sips. man, I nearly forgot what alcohol nearly tasted like cause I've been too busy drinking water or juice. When you have kids, you gotta take precautions cause you never know what can happen.

"I really want to thank all you ladies for being apart of my life and becoming my best friends who I love so much. You women have shaped me into who I am and if it wasn't for you women, I really don't know where I would be. Honestly, you guys are my shining stars."

They all awed before giving me a group hug and made me feel warm inside. As they pulled away, I went ahead and sat back fro my makeup to be set and finished before getting up in my silk robe to put on my white dress. It was sleeveless and this time the dress itself was full of lace and it flowed at least a good five feet.

I didn't want to be too dramatic, but you know I had to stunt just a little bit on them. One thing I'm excited about is jumping the broom. I didn't get to do that at the first wedding, so why not go ahead and do it now? Man, I just wanna see my baby's face and tell him how much I truly love him, but I must be patient.

All the women were in the downstairs guest room, but the backyard was outstandingly huge and everything is set up perfectly. The nice green grass and the astonishing view. No one could ever ask for anything better, plus you're surrounded by close friends and family all in one mansion. Well, some people were at nearby hotels, but it's the best feeling ever. There's no news outlets or media to spy on you, just a bunch of black folk being loud and having a good time.

Coming from out of the bathroom, I had Marissa zip up my dress before turning around and everyone gave me compliments. When I never felt so beautiful, I truly meant it. I got to show off my curves, lost a good amount of that baby fat, and I feel really great. Not to mention, we just bought a home in Florida, but slowly taking our time moving things I down there. Someone who Dave knows down there is a real estate agent and he showed us some really nice properties. We get a lake view and it's a really nice two level home.

A knock came against the door, but the familiar voice made me smile, "Don't open it, I just wanna say a few words to my fiancé...baby I love you and don't be nervous. You got everyone looking at you, but trust me, you're all I care about mamas. See you in a bit Mrs. Brewster, I love you stinka." Before I could say much else, Alex peeped out the door and he walked off.

He is a true blessing.

****

With Mr. Gibson walking me down the aisle again, he smiled at me brightly, "I see you've learned the lesson I've taught you," as the two of us chuckled, we looked at the glass screen door that was open but covered by a white cloth. Good thing there was an opening for us to walk out. Once the pastor said all rise, the song Why I Love You by Major played and we slowly made our way outside on the sunny day.