71

Parker

Once the funeral was completely over and the weekend moved past all of us, it was back to the real world and to a horrible new schedule. Tell me why Marshall had me working from 8:00 A.M to 7:30 P.M on Tuesday's and Friday's? First of all, why? Second of all, we didn't even ave a meeting about the schedule change, Melanie just sent me an email.

I'm already a grumpy person in the morning and it's not like she's paying me more than what I'm already getting offered. Okay Parker, stop being a brat. Many people would love to be in your shoes and some don't even have a job, so chill.

Getting up out of my bed, I stretched my back before walking sluggish into the bathroom. I wasn't feeling this new schedule and it wasn't my cup of tea, but Regina and I gotta split the bills from here on out. On the bright side, when I'm leaving, she'll be in the shower getting ready to go to work and drop off the baby at this new babysitter.

Her job didn't give her enough time to grieve the death of her baby daddy and she chose to go back to work so early, but I didn't advise it. In the end, those days are saved for vacation time so if she wants to do that go ahead.

She didn't tell me who it is and just found one the other day. I forgot to ask her who the person is and if they're really trust worthy, but it's her judgement I have to trust. Stripping out of my extra large t-shirt and laced panties, I placed a giant shower cap over my head and went to turn on the shower.

Stepping in, the steamy water woke me up instantly as I grabbed my rag from the shower rail to wet it up and begin to wash my body with lavender soap. My plan was to wait until I finished my shower to do a simple wash-n-go, but today was not the day. Once the hair strands were coated with products and wet, my curls took forever to form. In order to make the curls bounce a bit more, I had to add a small amount of gel.

Getting out of the shower and coating my body in coco butter, I started to get dressed for work. It was sunny out so I decided to wear a loose blouse that was floral print and navy blue, black pants and flats. Leaving my hair in its wet state would take ages to dry, so I wrapped it up in a matching scarf.

Makeup wasn't my stamina, so we just added a pink lip gloss and hoop earrings. The bed wasn't fully made up, so I looked down at my Apple Watch to see that the time was 7:30. Picking up the blanket, my hands folded it up before fixing the pillows and grabbing my phone and leather purple plum purse.

My work book bag was downstairs and I headed towards the kitchen to toast a bagel and make a small cup of coffee. Scanning for cream cheese, I noticed we ran out leaving me no choice but to use grape jelly. My breakfast was set in stone after adding cream and sugar to the coffee and it was time to head out the door.

Just then, Regina stopped me out of my tracks by holding the arm of the baby car seat with Miracle in it and her backpack with essentials. Moving to the fridge, she took out three bottles and placed the formula inside the bag.

"Can you take miracle to the babysitter, here's the address and I gotta get ready for work," giving me a piece of paper I looked down at the address noticing that it was one street over from us, but I didn't pay it any mind.

"Okay, love you and have a good day," taking the handle of the car seat and the bag in my hand, I juggled to throw my purse across my purse realizing I'll have to make two trips to the car. After going outside and strapping Miracle inside, I placed the bag beside her and went back inside the house to grab the rest of my belongings.

After I said my last goodbyes to Regina, I headed towards the driver's side and set my coffee in the cup holder and the bagel in my lap to take a bite before driving out of the driveway and onto the road to another street.