21

Looking at him in the face made me feel uncomfortable and I was afraid of what he might do. Praying for my bare life I grabbed the base ball bat from behind my door, ready to swing at him.

He backed up a little with his eyes in complete shock, "Woah, woah woah! Parker I'm not here to HURT you, just heard me out please."

"What makes you think I should trust you? I gave you FIVE years of my damn life and you destroyed me. You made me feel weak, as if I wasn't good enough for you. Now you wanna creep your way back into my life? That's not how it goes baby. Now I suggest you leave before I turn your head into a piñata!"

He slowly back away from the door with his hands up, "Can you at least let me get the rest of my stuff please?"

Before I could open up my mouth, a familiar voice responded.

"Nah nigga, so like she said, leave before we both turn ya head into a piñata cause you know damn well I'll do it," the two of us turned to see Dave standing behind him.

"You know I'm SO fucking tired of yo ass disrespecting me nigga," before I could stop them from tearing each other, Darrien pulled a gun out from underneath his waist.

"Darrien stop!" I cried trying to get closer put he pushed me back.

"So you think you have the guts to just kill me huh? I ain't afraid of not a damn soul, so you not doing justice to nobody. What, you'll get a murder charge and get maybe twenty-five plus years in jail, and you already got assault charges to ya name since someone can't keep they hands off a woman. Damn you gon be behind a glass door talking to a new born and Millie already did that shit with me, it ain't easy. I suggest you leave or NYPD will escort you, pick ya choice."

Feeling frightful, I wasn't sure if Darrien had the nerve to even kill anyone for that matter. He's just a guy who's all talk, I mean why bring a gun? Keeping my head down low, I heard foot steps come closer to me once the door was closed.

"Parker come here, get up off the floor mama," slowly helping me up he looked down at me.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that and no woman should have to. It seems like today was the day where I put people in bad situations. I had a little business I had to take care of and I just wanted to pick up Kairi a bit earlier from daycare. When I let my emotions get the best of me, she cried saying she wanted Millie. That was something I always feared of doing, letting her cry. Millie took ha back like it was nothing and Kairi didn't even say bye to me."

Watching tears fall from his face, I used my thumb to wipe them off, "Hey, it's going to be okay, she's just upset that you're angry and she didn't want matters to get worse. No she doesn't think of you in any negative way, she just wanted some of that tension to be released. If that means going back to her mother than so be it. You're not a bad father Dave, I love you."

"You what?" a goofy smile appeared across his face like Spongebob.

"I said I love you, and who cares if this isn't the chronological order relationships are supposed to be like, I honestly don't care. The main fact is that you support me and actually care about my well-being. We can find each other out down the road, but Dave I'm ready to throw in the towel," I sighed of relief but he soon laughed at me.

"Aye, ion want no female asking me out, so don't pull that funny shit, but come on, I wanna show you somewhere," he took a hold of my hand.

"Dressed like this?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You know you look sexy in anything you put on, now come on mama," he began to drag me by the hand as I gave in putting on my Nike Air Max ones.

****