Danger

Connors pov

Since the boys got there new house I've been fearing for Cj's safety. just last week she had to get stitches in her foot because of a vase Kian broke and didn't fully pick up. how'd he break it, during a video of course. the only person who's actually trying to protect her in the house is Ricky. Him and I have been discussing things, and we think that we're going to have to have her live here permanently.

We've told her our decision three days ago, and slowly she's been packing up her things. she's going to be staying in the bedroom she stays in when she's here. but we're going to add more of her stuff.

I feel terrible doing this but Ricky and I have decided it's in our best interest to keep her safe. we took the responsibility of adopting her, so now we have to make the decisions for her. today is the day she's fully moving in.

I hear Ricky's car outside as he parks in the visitors lot. he buzzes in and I unlock me door. As they come in CJ runs and wraps her arms around my waist in a giant hug. she hugs Ricky and he leaves. we gather her bags and I lock the door.

Taking her stuff to her room we start to unpack. she does all her clothes, while I hang up her picture frames and posters. I look over to see her hanging up pictures of her and Kian and her and JC. I see a small tear drip down her cheek and onto one of the boxes turning it darker. I finish the picture I'm hanging up and go over to her and lift her up in a huge hug as she lets it all out on my shoulder.

Things like this make me wonder if I'm ever making the right choices for my daughter. I mean I was a dad at 21, I've been a dad for over a year and I'm still still not used to it.and later on I'll have to deal with boys, drinking, drugs, the 'S' word, and other girl drama. It kills me inside to know that me being her dad could jeopardize her future and mine.

Am I a good dad?

Was that a good choice?

Is she safe?

Is she cared for?

Is she loved?

Those are all questions I ask myself and get asked on a daily basis. I don't want her hurt and I don't want her is any danger. I love my daughter, but am I a good enough father.
___________________________
30 comments, 200 reads, 25 votes