Realization

(CJs pov)

I wake up and for a moment feel happiness, you know like when you wake up and stretch and it seems like everything's right in the world. Then I realize I'm on a couch in a strange place and Domino is laying on my legs. I lift Domino up and carry him to what I think is the kitchen. Sawyer is in the kitchen with another guy I recognize as Cyr.

"Hi Cas, good morning" he smiles.

"Hi Sawyer, what happened?" I ask.

"Connor drank a little bit too much last night, so I brought you here until he sobers up" he says solemnly.

"Why is Connor drinking so much, and why is he leaving for long periods of time?" I sigh.

"He just has a lot on his plate now, and since he broke up wit... oh you didn't know about that" he says setting the dishes down and leaning against the cabinets.

"He broke up with Emily?"

"Yea about a month ago".

"Why didn't he tell me?"

"Well Cas, you see, he had a lot to deal with right now. But he'll tell you when he thinks it's right".

I sigh and look at my feet trying not to freak out. what other secrets is Connor keeping from me?

"When can I go home" I choke out.

"A bit later, Connor just texted me that he's just starting to get over his hangover".

I sit across from Cyr and Sawyer hands me a grilled PBJ (they're fucking delicious) , and a glass of milk. I finish eating and take my bag to the bathroom and change into a Beatles T-Shirt, a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, and my black Vans. I brush my hair down and do the rest of my girly things. I walk back into the living room and Sawyer is watching American Horror story so of course I sit down and watch it with him while Hitch, Domino, and Sawyer's other dog play together.

TIME SKIP TWO HOURS LATER

Sawyer grabbed his keys and grabbed my bag and Domino. we get in his car and he starts driving me back to Connor's apartment. my hands start shaking as we turn around the corner and go down the street to Connor's o-so -familiar apartment building. I open and the door and hold my breath.

Connors pov ( last night)

Here I am at the bar slamming back beer after beer, and my three shots the bartender gave me on the house, because he was sensing I was having a rough night. I was feeling a little tipsy to be honest. ever since I've started telling a couple people I was gay everything started to change. I've told my family, and a couple friends, but I haven't told Cassie.

I slammed back two more beers before I saw Sawyer and Joey walk in.

" Sawy *hiccup* er , Joey egg you asses over here" I slurred. How drunk am I ?

"Hey Con you okay bud?" Sawyer asks.

"How many drinks have you had" joey chuckled.

"Uh... six" I say holding up what I think is six fingers.( he held up five)

They looked at each other and chuckled. we all ordered margaritas and watched whatever football game was on the tv. after a while we started talking again.

"Connor do you have Cassie with you?" Joey asks.

"Naw, she's at home".

"Excuse me bartender, how long has he been here?"

"Uh he was here around 3am, then he left and came back around 8am. he said he went shopping but he didn't gave anything with him" the bartender said.

"Connor, you left Cassie home alone for almost a whole day?" Sawyer shouter at me.

They grabbed my arms and drove me back to my apartment. They took my keys and led me to my room. I hear Cassie get up and grab things out of her room. all I can do I fall asleep.
___________________________

Sorry for no updating, but I figure the sequel will come out around February so be ready for that. I have about 4-5 parts left before I finish this book. so I hope y'all liked it. oh and that dog at the top is Domino. 400 reads, 30 comments, 35 votes