Chapter Fifty-Seven.

Sorry it's been about a week! Auditions were meant to be on Tuesday but they were moved to today and I've been kind of ill and my laptop's been playing up!

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think!

**

After a couple of hours of wandering up and down aimlessly, I ended up back at the beach. I wasn’t really too sure why, but it was probably down to how much I’d used it to escape from anything bad since I’d been in Huntington. Now, it was just somewhat painful to be there.

It also wasn’t very pleasant on a day like this. I’d heard numerous people mention recently about how this was the coldest autumn Huntington Beach had experienced in a long time. The day hadn’t brightened up at all since I’d been parked up in the beach parking lot around a couple of hours before—the grey clouds were still looming over the entire place and a cold wind was blowing my hair about and biting at my cheeks and hands.

There was only so much I could take of dragging my feet along the dark brown sand, not the golden colour it usually was. It was only when I was stood outside the entrance of mine and Zacky’s cave that I knew I needed to go somewhere else, and I was suddenly power walking away from the beach and making my way back towards the neighbourhoods. More time seemed to pass just by striding along the streets, passing numerous houses that I’d never been near before, and finally, somehow ending up at the park. It was actually quite useful, considering I’d rearranged plans so that Ronnie would pick me up from here rather than Zacky’s.

I found a bench and simply perched myself down, making the minutes pass by starting up quite a few text conversations with many different people. It didn’t help when replies started slowing down, as I then began to torture myself by looking at previous texts Zacky had sent me when we’d been together. Sweet ones.

Hot tears welled in my eyes and I tried my absolute hardest to blink them away. I didn’t want to feel weak or like he’d defeated me. He was probably moving on already, and here I was, allowing myself to sit through this pain. It didn’t seem fair.

As I stared down, quickly swiping at a tear that had escaped, a pair of feet suddenly appeared in my vision, and my eyes followed up until they landed on Ronnie’s face. He smiled down at me kindly, and I tried my best to return it.

“There you are.” He said, joining me on the bench. “Are you crying?”

I quickly shook my head. “Just the wind blowing in my eyes.”

Trying to blink the tears away still, I pressed the button on my phone, causing in the screen to light up. It was eight PM already. I’d not even noticed that much time had passed.

Right.” Ronnie replied, his tone full of disbelief. “Well, the car’s waiting...if you still wanna go...”

Immediately nodding, I stood up and shoved my phone into my pocket. Ronnie joined me and began to lead me to the park gates where the car was haphazardly parked on the grass. We both climbed in and Ronnie immediately turned the heater on, pulling away and beginning to drive.

“So...did he say much to you?” He asked interestedly, though a small, inaudible sigh escaped my lips. I really didn’t want to talk about it.

“Nothing much.” I shook my head. “Something along the lines of wanting to forget we were ever together. Oh...and he asked me what was wrong.”

He paused, his knuckles turning white as he clutched onto the steering wheel. “Is the guy fucking stupid or what? He asked you what was wrong? Fucking hell. You have no idea how much I’d love to go round there and...”