Chapter Sixty.

Hey! So here's sixty :) I'm sorry updates seem to be around once a week or so recently, but I'm still battling this fluey illness and I can't seem to get it out of my system so it's kind of hard to concentrate! But I have written up a new chapter plan for the rest of the story, and if I do go by it (which I can't guarantee that I will, but I'm hoping to), there's only around fourteen or fifteen chapters left depending on how it all works out. And then I can start the sequel, that I'm really excited to write :D

Please vote and comment! Tell me what you think! :)

**

“What the fuck were you thinking?!”

I felt like I’d been in this situation so many times before. My dad angrily pacing the floor in front of me while I silently stayed perched on the sofa, my hands cautiously clasped together in my lap and somewhat of a timid expression on my face—though my expression felt a little false and put-on.

“Actually, don’t answer that!” My dad then snapped, though I’d had no intention to do so. “You weren’t thinking at all!”

As a sigh escaped my lips and I slowly dragged a hand over my face, my dad watched me, seemingly waiting for my input. My attention, however, had been stolen numerous times since the conversation had started, by the fact that Zacky was silently sat in the armchair, watching the whole argument unfold in front of him. As I’d packed my stuff to come home this morning, I’d convinced him to be there for this so that he could make sure I wouldn’t lose my temper and get myself into even more trouble.

“You’re right, Dad.” I murmured quietly, still staring down at my hands. “I wasn’t thinking.”

He began pacing again. “I mean...I thought I could trust you! I thought you could actually go a week away from me without getting into any trouble, but obviously I was wrong! Can you imagine how Zacky feels right now, having to deal with this?!” He stopped in his tracks, now waiting for a reply, at which I did nothing. “Hey, look at me when I’m talking to you, Jasmine!”

Heaving another sigh, I lifted my gaze so that I was staring directly at him, but continued to say nothing. It seemed like some kind of staring contest from then on, as we both continued to look at each other but said nothing, and Zacky watched the whole thing.

Eventually, my dad perched himself on the edge of the other armchair, his gaze still locked with mine. My eyes followed him, my expression now blank, and it only seemed to annoy him even more.

“There’s just nothing with you, is there?” He scowled, shaking his head and gesturing to my expression. “No remorse...no emotion. Absolutely nothing.”

I clenched my jaw. “I’ve said I’m sorry! What more do want me do?!”

“What even goes through that head of yours, huh?” He ignored me, standing up again. “Please tell me, because I would love to know. Are you always this much of an idiot?!”

I wanted to argue and defend myself, but from the armchair, Zacky sighed and shook his head. I glanced at him, but his eyes were on my dad.

“Jason, come on.” He said, still shaking his head. “Discipline her for sure, but don’t start getting personal.”

My dad scowled. “How else am I supposed to get through to her?!”

Not by insulting her!”

Although I was relieved by the way Zacky was defending me, I was hoping he wouldn’t get too caught up in it and forget that right now, he was supposed to be sticking up for his niece or his best friend’s kid, not his girlfriend.