Chapter Forty-Six.

Hiiiiiiiii! Here's forty-six for you, hope you enjoy :)

Please vote, comment, tell me what you think!

**

“So, uh...this is my house...”

I stared up at the small, select house—red bricked, three windows at the front and a white front door. It actually looked quite nice, but it was the last place I expected Ronnie to live in.

“It’s—‘’

A dump.” He interrupted me before I could make my observation. “I know that.”

I rolled my eyes, playfully hitting his arm. “I was going to say cute.”

“I don’t want to live in a cute house.” He grimaced, making me roll my eyes again.

“Just shut up and let me in.”

With a nod, he pushed the key into the lock and opened the door, politely gesturing for me to step in before him. My eyes scanned the hall as I walked further in, and a smile lifted the corners of my mouth. It was actually quite cosy. It was quite a narrow hallway, a small staircase to the side and an open door on the other side which I could see lead to the kitchen. The walls were painted a creamy white colour and the floor was wooden—I’d honestly expected to enter a house like the parties we went to.

Ronnie placed his keys down on a small table by the door and walked into the kitchen, at which I followed, awkwardly shuffling in the doorway. He turned to look at me and chuckled, taking my arm and gently pulling me fully into the room.

“Have a look around if you want.” He said with a shrug. “I’m just going upstairs to get changed. I stayed at a friend’s last night.”

As I nodded, he left the kitchen and ran up the stairs, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Immediately, the smile dropped from my face and I sighed. I was even more miserable than before.

A week had passed since the barbecue. Charlotte and Linds were back at school, so I’d barely seen them. I’d seen Zacky once when I briefly passed him in my house, and he completely blanked me. I mean, I’d been avoiding him too, but he was making me feel like I’d done something wrong. That he really didn’t want to be around me. And that made me feel even worse than I originally did.

While Ronnie continued to get changed upstairs, I tried to distract my thoughts by looking around his kitchen. I soon came to the realisation, while opening his kitchen cupboards, that he had hardly anything in there. There were no pots and pans like you’d expect there to be. Even his cutlery drawer was pretty empty.

“Having fun?” He chuckled from behind me as he re-entered the room, now showered and dressed in a fresh pair of clothes.

“Uhuh.” I laughed along, then turning to the cupboard again. “Don’t you eat?”

“I eat.” He nodded. “I just don’t cook. Don’t see the point in having a load of pots and pans gathering dust in my kitchen cupboards.”

I blinked. “Not cooking surely makes you pretty limited on what you eat, doesn’t it?”

He chuckled, pouring out a drink. “I guess it does in a way. But I have friends that do cook, so I rely on them. I’m awesome at making cheese on toast, though.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at the proud expression on his face. When Ronnie was being like this, it was so easy to be around him. It truly felt like he was my best friend.