Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Please vote and comment! :3

**

“I thought I was forgiven!”

My dad turned at the sound of my whining and rolled his eyes, reaching over to ruffle my hair as he drank some milk out of the carton.

“You are forgiven, Midge.” He replied. “Just not trusted to stay alone after your stunt the other night.”

I groaned, tipping my head back. “Come on, dad! I’m turning eighteen in two weeks and you won’t even let me spend one night on my own in the house?”

“You know I usually would, but you’re still earning my trust back from going out and getting drunk the other night. You only have yourself to blame!” He said. “How do I know you won’t just go out drinking again?”

“Because I won’t, simple as that!” I groaned again. “Why can’t you just trust me? This is so unfair!”

“Aw, poor Midgey.” As he mocked me in the most childish voice he possibly could, he brushed past me and began to clean up the kitchen from his breakfast. I just glared at his back.

Sometimes, there was no winning with my dad. And he was enjoying it far too much on this occasion.

“I’ll only be gone one night.” He said, pushing his joking aside. “It’s not like it’s a whole week or anything.”

I could only roll my eyes at that. He’d been repeating that over and over ever since he’d announced he was going to visit his parents to see what they wanted. I didn’t see why he couldn’t just call them, but he’d made the point that it must’ve been pretty important if they’d made the effort to come all the way over here.

We both knew it wasn’t a good idea for me to go with him. That didn’t bother me in the slightest, because I had no interest in talking to his parents after what he told me, but he’d decided he’d stay in a hotel overnight rather than do the journey there and back all in one day.

And with that, he’d decided that I couldn’t be trusted on my own after the other night.

Admittedly, it wasn’t even that that bothered me. It was the fact that he’d arranged for me to spend the night at Zacky’s.

Despite the fact that I was able to feel completely comfortable and also act completely normal while in Zacky’s company, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to hold up for a whole night. It seemed like it could possibly get awkward. And I wasn’t good in awkward situations as it was.

“Why can’t I stay with Charlotte or Linds?” I complained, then following him as he went out of the kitchen and began walking up the stairs. “Are you even listening to me?”

“Sure am, sweetie.” He said, while walking into his room. “But how stupid do you think I am? If I leave you with either of those two, you’ll find a way of getting into trouble.”

I rolled my eyes. “No we won’t, dad! We’ll just stay in, watch a couple of movies under supervision, and go to sleep when we get tired. No trouble.”

“Nice try, kiddo.” He chuckled. “Go pack an overnight bag.”

Glaring at him once more, I turned and stalked out of his room and across the hall to mine. It annoyed me that there was absolutely no way of getting out of this. I was just going to have to put up with it.

I began packing, still mumbling to myself about how stupid the situation was. My dad had merely called his parents to suggest that he could go up to visit them, and from then on, that was it. He’d decided it was a totally good idea.