Chapter Nine.

I don't know if I structured this chapter all that well, but it's your opinions I care about, not mine xD Please vote and comment; tell me what you think! :D

**

Unlike earlier on in the daytime, my wait seemed to fly by.

I guess it was because I spent my whole time thinking of what I was suppose to say, if I actually got as far as being able to see my dad.

I stayed close to the arena, but quickly found within the first half hour of my wait that I wouldn’t be able to just sit and do nothing, so I ended up walking in circles. The back doors were my target, as I knew they were probably the closest doors to where my dad was. As I passed them on my walk, I glanced at the two overly-muscular bouncers, dressed in all black with their arms crossed over their chests.

I’d expected there to be security, but it was then that it me how hard it was going to be. They didn’t look like they were going to back down to anything, even if I explained my situation to them. Granted, it didn’t sound like a realistic situation, but I needed to get in there.

I let my hair fall past my shoulder, hiding my face as I scuttled past them and tried to ignore their harsh gazes that watched me walk. I knew they were just doing their job, but I didn’t think it was necessary for them to stare at everyone like that. I’d not even tried to get past them yet.

I then realised that it was my bag they were suspiciously eyeing. It probably had something to do with the fact that I’d now walked past them at least two times, my duffel bag clutched tightly to my side. They could look through it if they wanted, but they’d only find clothes and makeup and my toothbrush and toothpaste.

I’d kept the birth certificate and photograph in my jacket pocket ever since I’d gotten to the arena. I kept taking it out and looking at it, each time, I’d handle it with care. Nothing was going to jeopardise my chances of getting in there and talking to my dad.

I seemed to be lighting up the screen of my phone every few minutes, sighing when I realised that time was ticking away a lot quicker than I thought it would’ve done. What was I supposed to say to him?

“Hey, this may come as a shock to you, but I’m the kid that your girlfriend ran off with nearly seventeen years ago...”

Inside my head, it sounded absolutely ridiculous.

But then again, I kind of had proof. Surely, he wouldn’t turn me away when he saw that.

I was stunned out of my thoughts when people started leaving the arena. I couldn’t believe that those hours had already passed.

With my experience from the gigs I’d been to, some people chose to stay in the arena for ages afterwards, others would come out and just go home, and then there were the ones that came out and waited for the band to come out.

Which meant that I didn’t have much time before people started going to the back of the arena to see if anyone was around there.

I abruptly stood up, almost losing my balance when my shaky legs wobbled slightly. It was like they didn’t want to move, but I was trying my absolute hardest to coach myself in my mind and tell myself I could do this.

My legs began numbly walking, without me even properly realising it. It was like they wouldn’t stop, and quickly, I found myself at the back again, facing the two security guards.

I was relieved, however, that no one else was yet back here. The back door was open for some reason, which made me wonder if anyone was planning on coming out any time soon.