Chapter Seventy-Two.

So like I said, seventy-five will be the last chapter and I'm hoping I can get it finished by Christmas Eve! Still planning to do that!

Please vote, comment, tell me what you think! Enjoy! <3

**

The fact that it was still completely pitch black outside when Zacky and I pulled up to Matt’s house, only made it seem impossible to get out of the car.

Some of the family seemed to already be here, considering two other cars were parked on the driveway and we had to park round the corner. I groaned tiredly to myself as I opened the car door, undoing my seatbelt and stepping out into the freezing cold darkness. Checking my phone, I came to the realisation that it was only half-past six in the morning.

“Remember to take your ring off before we go in, baby.” Zacky pointed out, glancing at my hand as he retrieved the multiple bags from the boot, all containing presents.

I silently pouted, sliding the ring off of my finger and placing it firmly inside of the glove compartment. Already, my hand felt bare, and I’d not even had the ring for twenty-four hours.

Zacky chuckled at my reaction, and I picked up three of the extremely heavy bags, just about managing to not topple over as we walked back round the corner and up the driveway to the Sanders’ house, their extravagant outdoor Christmas lights illuminating the place. Before either of us even had the chance to free a hand and knock on the door, it was abruptly yanked open, and an extremely excited-looking Jimmy appeared in front of us with a wide grin on his face.

“Merry Christmas, you guys!” He exclaimed loudly, his voice echoing right down the street, which still seemed to be completely dead and asleep.

“Merry Christmas, man.” Zacky chuckled back at him, raising his eyebrows. “Are you drunk already?”

Still drunk, I think.” He gave somewhat of a hysterical laugh. “I don’t think I sobered up from last night. Leana and I went to her brother’s for Christmas Eve.”

“Right. Of course.” Zacky laughed again. “So...can we come in? It’s fucking freezing out here.”

Just upon hearing that, Jimmy turned without another word to us and ran back through to the living room like some sort of crazed Yorkshire Terrier. As we stepped into the hallway and placed the bags down, there was a clear sound of something clattering on the floor, followed by another loud laugh from Jimmy, and finally, a frustrated groan from Charlotte.

“Leana, can you control him?” Her voice tiredly whined as she wandered through the hallway where Zacky and I were still stood.

There was immediately a bit of tension that settled within the room, considering I hadn’t seen any of the family since the fire, and I knew there’d been talk amongst all of them about whether I’d started it or not. I wasn’t sure what Charlotte would believe that I had, but I’d been hoping she’d know that I wouldn’t do such at thing.

And I was immediately put as ease when a smile fell onto her face and she stepped towards me, bringing me into a hug.

“Merry Christmas, Midge.” She said, squeezing me and then pulling away. “Brace yourself for this. It’s gonna be a long one.”

Laughing at that, I kicked my shoes off as she then hugged Zacky, also wishing him a merry Christmas, before then continuing into the kitchen where Val was apparently already preparing some food.

“Are you okay?” Zacky quietly murmured from beside me, nudging me subtly. “You can do this.”

I nodded slowly, although, I didn’t really have a choice. I couldn’t just not show up on Christmas Day, especially considering it was my first Christmas here, but I wasn’t sure what was going to happen upon seeing my dad.