Chapter Forty-Two.

Sorry it's been a week or so! I've been a little busy, and if you didn't see my message I sent out, I've decided that I'm definitely going to do a sequel for this story, so I was sorting some things for that so I know where I'm going with both stories :)

Please vote and comment!

**

After finding a cave right at the end of the beach, I spent the rest of the day on my own, drowning my sorrows in alcohol.

I was glad that I’d not once been disturbed. The cave was pretty far down and I could hear the playful shouts of everyone on the beach throughout the day, but it was rare that anyone actually walked past. And no one came in at all.

I’d done a lot of crying as I drank away, not being able to take the fact that my dad was disappointed in me and the guy I thought was my best friend had hit me and tried to rape me, and had also brought back an unwanted memory while doing so.

But now that I was beyond drunk, it certainly wasn’t helping my emotions.

Now that it was evening time, the beach was pretty much silent. It was still light outside—the sun low in the sky and just about to set, and only a few people were wandering across the sand, ready to go home.

I drunkenly stumbled out of the cave and onto the sand, dragging my feet along slowly. I wasn’t really too sure where I was headed, as I had no plans to go home just yet. I guess I just wanted to walk for a bit.

After a couple of minutes, I proceeded to take my shoes and socks off and let my feet sink into the sand as I walked, seeing as I was stumbling all over the place and my shoes were, for some reason, making it a lot worse.

There didn’t seem to be anyone about, except one person up ahead. Their back was facing me as they walked in the same direction I was headed in, but I didn’t pay any more attention to them than that. It was just a quick glance, and then I continued to stare down at my feet, continuing my journey down the beach.

It was as I passed by the person, stumbling yet again, that they reached out and grabbed my arm. Whether they were trying to be helpful and steady me, I didn’t know, but the first thing that flashed into my mind was the experience with Ronnie the night before, and a loud scream immediately left my lips, fear coursing through my body.

I desperately struggled, trying to rip my arm away. They surprisingly loosened their grip and dragged their hand gently down my arm so that it was holding onto my wrist, as I continued to try to pull away.

“Midge, it’s me, okay?” Zacky’s voice spoke from right behind me.

Was this really happening again?

“Huh...” I exhaled shakily, turning round to be met by his concerned expression. “Sorry, Zacky.”

“Hey, it’s okay.” He frowned, shaking his head and lightly stroking my wrist. “Are you alright?”

As my drunken mind tried to form an answer to his question, I pulled my wrist out of his grasp, frowning slightly.

“Oh, yeah...I’m fine.” I finally lied, sending him a grin and stumbling yet again.

He quickly reached out, grabbing my waist to steady me. As soon as I was standing straight, he stared down at my face, a frown quickly falling onto his own.

“What’s that on your face?” He asked me, looking directly at my cheek.

I blinked, trying to look like I had no clue what he was talking about. “What’s what?”