Chapter Two.

Here's the second chapter! Please vote and comment, tell me what you think! :)

**

They seemed like two such simple words, yet they didn’t make any sense inside my head.

I read them over and over, narrowing my eyes and trying to see if I’d misread it at all. I didn’t understand the reason behind somebody writing that, whoever had. He wasn’t my father. My father was stood in the kitchen inside this house, having a drink.

I didn’t have the slightest clue who Jason was. But I knew I’d seen him before somewhere

It was just as my eyes were scanning the two words again, that the door flew open and a very proud-looking Max stood there, his hands on his hips and a grin on his face.

“I found you!” He announced, pointing a finger towards me.

I blinked at him, still too wrapped in my thoughts to work out what was going on. It took me a moment or so to remember why I was actually sat in the cupboard under the stairs in the first place. I’d been playing Hide and Seek with him.

“I found you, I found you!” He repeated even more excitedly.

I looked from Max to the photo in my hands, trying to work out what to do. I certainly wasn’t going to let the situation rest; I was determined to find out who exactly Jason was, but my head was in so much of a muddle that I honestly couldn’t think straight.

By now, Max had started whining again, demanding another game because this one had apparently been too easy. His voice, however, was a muffle in the background as I flipped the photo over and stared at Jason’s face once more. I was stretching my mind, trying so hard to remember. Was I just being stupid? Did I actually know him?

I did. I knew I did from somewhere.

Not allowing myself to think about it anymore, I picked up the other two sets of photos and clutched them tightly in my hand as I shot up to my feet, pushing past Max and running out of the cupboard. The sound of chatter was coming from the garden, and I quickened my pace, practically throwing myself out of the patio doors and marching up to my mother, who was stood at the barbecue. She didn’t even notice me approach her, as she had a conversation with Julie from next door.

“Mum?” I spat out angrily, trying to get her to look at me.

“Just a second; I’m talking to Julie.” She replied, not even sparing me a glance. “Yeah, I suppose you’re right, Jules,” She carried on her conversation, “I thought that when Midge started college, but—‘’

“Not in a second. Now.” I interrupted her through clenched teeth, making everyone look at me.

“What is it?” She looked at me with an annoyed expression. “You’re being rude.”

“Who the fuck is Jason?” I demanded.

“Watch your language!”

“Answer me!” I yelled. “Who is he?”

“Who’s who, Midge?” She rolled her eyes. She’d obviously paid too much attention to my swearing to have heard me say his name the first time.

“Jason!” I snapped. “Who is he?”

She stared at me for a second, uncomfortably shifting, before she eventually spoke.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”