Chapter Forty-Seven.

Helloooooo! I hope you like this one because I sure liked writing it :D

Please vote, comment, tell me what you think!

**

Yet again, I ended up on the beach that evening.

Since I’d left Ronnie’s house earlier that day, everything seemed to pass by in some sort of surreal blur to me. I didn’t even know how I’d managed to concentrate on doing the food shopping or quickly popping round to both Charlotte and Linds’ houses to see them for the first time since they’d been back at school.

But as soon as I got the chance, I escaped from the family and made my way down to the beach to finally unleash all my tears that I’d been holding in for the whole day.

It was completely deserted tonight. It wasn’t even that late—only about ten PM, so I couldn’t understand why there was absolutely no one sat on the sand like I was, or strolling along with their dog. I wasn’t complaining, though. The fact that nobody was there meant that I could cry as much and as loudly as I wanted to, without being worried that someone might come and talk to me.

Even though he’d said it in one of the most horrible ways possible, Ronnie had made me see sense. I’d been so stupid this whole time to just let myself feel these things for Zacky. Ever since that night in New York almost two months ago where I first met my dad and those guys in the alley had tried it on with me, and Zacky had saved me before they could do anything, I’d just let these feelings build up more and more.

And now, I just felt heartbroken.

I choked out a sob, allowing my tears to fall down as I pulled my knees into my chest, the tide just about touching the tips of my feet. I’d been so caught up in my hysterical crying fit that I wasn’t aware someone had been stood behind me until they silently sat down next to me.

I glanced out of the corner of my eye, my upset just worsening when I came to the realisation that it was Zacky. But not wanting him to see me like this, I immediately wiped at my eyes and cheeks, trying to compose myself.

He turned to look at me, a frown instantly falling onto his face. “...Hi?”

Still finding it hard to compose myself, I wiped at my eyes even more, breathing deeply.

“Hello...” I eventually replied, staring forward.

“I was hoping I’d find you here.” He immediately said. “Been looking for you.”

I simply snivelled, unsure of what to say to that. I knew he was probably just coming to remind me that what happened between us couldn’t happen again, but I was really hoping he’d have the common decency to save it for another time. Another time when I wasn’t crying my eyes out.

“Midge...” He spoke again, looking away from the water and staring directly at my face. “There are things that we really need to talk about.”

And obviously, he wasn’t going to save it for another time.

That only seemed to trigger my tears more, and I buried my face into my hands, trying not to embarrass myself completely.

“Why the tears?” He then asked, his voice full of concern.

I shrugged, wiping my eyes again. “Shit day, that’s all.”

“Is it my fault?” He tilted his head.

Unable to answer that in words, I simply shook my head, staring forward again.

A small sigh escaped his lips and like me, he drew his knees into his chest, wrapping his arms around them while he stared forward. We sat in silence for a moment or two, but it wasn’t long before he shifted and spoke again.