Chapter Seven.

ELO! Here's chapter seven for you guys...um...I'm aware that it's rather shitty, but it should get better over the next couple of chapters :)

Also, I've never been to New York, I don't know what it's really like, so I've tried to portray it as well as I can...it might not be right, though D:

Please vote and comment! Tell me what you think! :D

**

By the time my shaking legs descended down the steps of the plane and finally met the ground, it was about three AM, New York time.

I couldn’t quite believe that I’d actually gone through with it all. I’d actually got on a plane and flown to New York without telling my mother, and now I was here, I was going to try and find my father as soon as possible.

The JFK International Airport was by far more different than any airport I’d ever been in before. If I hadn’t followed in the direction that other passengers from my flight were going in, I probably would’ve gotten lost.

I pretty much collected my luggage and did everything I needed to do in the airport, in a complete blur. It was like someone had locked me in some bubble and no matter what I was doing, I couldn’t get out. I kept walking into people and having to mumble an apology, even though I could really hear the words that were leaving my mouth.

Once I’d retrieved my luggage, I was stuck. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. It was the middle of the night and I didn’t have enough money for a hotel. I had barely any money left at all. And then there was the issue of getting it changed into dollars.

I looked around me in every direction possible. It was obviously a lot quieter than it would be in daytime, but there were still quite a few people coming and going. This was the point where I really felt like giving myself a slap. I’d been in such a rush to get away that I’d not thought it through properly, and I now had nowhere to go. Especially seeing as I had to get through the rest of this night, the day, and then the next night, before it was the day of the Avenged gig.

I knew of situations where some airports happily provided a hotel for some people to stay in if they were in a complicated situation, but I didn’t feel comfortable with asking them and explaining my situation to them.

My head was in too much of a muddle to think. Everything had happened and still was happening too fast. I knew I’d have to sort my head out before I could even think about stepping anywhere near that gig.

As my gaze flickered from the airport’s exit and the waiting area, I eventually sighed and tiredly dragged my feet over to one of the chairs, shoving my duffel bag beneath it and then slumping down onto it. No one else was on the chairs, thankfully, so I was able to rest my head back and close my eyes without anyone speaking to me. I spent a moment or so fidgeting, before I finally decided to stretch my legs out over the other two chairs and properly lie down.

It wasn’t the most comfortable I’d ever been, that was for sure, but by then I really didn’t care. I was far too tired to even notice the hard plastic that my body was sprawled out over. I could’ve been lying on a gravel path and I still wouldn’t care.

Only moments after my eyes closed, I was drifting to sleep.

**

I woke again a few hours later. I could see, out of the huge glass window of the airport, that it had gotten light outside. Digging my phone out of my pocket and lighting up the screen, I came to the realisation that it was six thirty AM.