Chapter Twenty-Four.

Sorry that it's been a few days, but here's chapter twenty-four! Please vote and comment! :D

**

“Are you still pissed off, Midgey?”

I diverted my gaze from where I was staring at the television and glanced at Charlotte, merely shrugging. I’d been spending the afternoon with Linds and Charlotte at Linds’ house, but it was fair to say that I hadn’t been the most exciting company.

It’d been three days since everything went down with my dad about his parents, and I was still annoyed. I could usually let things go pretty easily, but for some reason, this was still bugging me. My dad had been giving me space, and that had also annoyed me. I guess I just wanted him to say something. I wanted him to resolve our argument, not me.

It was now evening time, about six o’clock. Brian and Michelle were just casually talking in the kitchen, leaving Charles, Linds and I to hang out in the living room. I wasn’t exactly sure what our plans were for tonight, but the urge to go out and do something was making itself obvious to me.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Charlotte then sighed. She picked up the couch pillow next to her from the sofa opposite me that she was sat on, and chucked it my way, at which Linds laughed.

“Hey!” I said, trying to fight a smile myself. “What was that for?”

“Because you’re moping.” Linds answered, laughing again. “And moping is no fun.”

“I’m sorry, you guys.” I groaned, tipping my head back. “I’m just...really pissed off.”

They glanced at each other, smiling slightly, before looking back at me.

“We know.” They simultaneously replied.

“Sorry.” I apologised again. “Have I said that a lot?”

No...” Charlotte said, vigorously shaking her head. “Only...fifty times, or so...”

As Linds once again laughed, I let out another groan. I was aware that I’d ranted about the situation quite a few times throughout the day, but apart from that, I thought I’d been pretty quiet.

“You need some fun.” Linds said, nudging me in the side. “Do you want to go out?”

“And do what?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Get drunk, of course.” Charlotte stood up, stretching her arms as she did so. “Being able to go out and get drunk on any day of the week is the main reason why I love summer break. If we were back in school now, I’d be doing homework and preparing for my Tuesday lessons...ugh.”

“Where will we get the drink from?” I then questioned, liking the sound of the idea.

“We’ll wait until my mom and dad go out into the garden, then we’ll take it from the basement.” Linds said. “There’s so much of it out there, my dad will never notice it’s gone.”

That plan sounded very appealing to me, and I found myself quickly agreeing. I was hoping we wouldn’t have to wait too long, because I just wanted to take my mind off everything.

Every time either Brian or Michelle walked past the living room, we all snapped our heads up in their direction, waiting to see where they were going. To be honest, we were being pretty stupid and making it kind of obvious that we were up to something.

After a while, Brian came properly into the living room and sat down on the armchair, saying nothing and just staring directly at me. We all stared back, but he wouldn’t divert his gaze from my face.