Chapter Sixty-Nine.

Heyyyy! So I know I said this was going to be about way quicker than it has been, but I've just been so busy! Luckily, I've got the next couple of chapters also written out, so hopefully updates will be quicker!

Please vote, comment, tell me what you think! Enjoy! :)

**

A week later, things weren’t even the slightest bit better for me.

With it now being the third week into November and December nearing a considerable amount, I had the perfect excuse to get out of Zacky’s house and do some Christmas shopping, just as an attempt to get away from everything. But nothing would motivate me enough.

I spent that morning the same way I’d spent every morning over the past week I’d been living with Zacky—waking up and spending ages just thinking, before I’d finally decide to get up and get ready, and then I’d retreat back to the bedroom and not leave unless it was really necessary for me to.

As soon as I’d showered, brushed my teeth and changed into a fresh pair of clothes, I went straight back to the guest bedroom I’d been staying in, shutting the door behind me and scanning the room as if it was the first time I’d seen it. My bag of clothes that Charlotte had been lending me still wasn’t properly unpacked, just sat in the corner; I’d been taking things out of it by day rather than unpacking the lot. I knew it was best to just get it all out of the bag and into the drawers to make it easier for myself, considering I had no clue how long this would be my home for, but even that felt like too much effort right now.

Heaving a huge sigh, I yanked the bag up and placed it on the unmade bed, the sheets and covers still tangled from my restless sleep. I tried to convince myself that I could easily concentrate on what I was doing, but it wasn’t too long before my thoughts began to wander again, and any hope of folding the clothes neatly, left with my previous thoughts.

These ones were the same as they had been every day for the past week or so. I couldn’t work out how my dad could so easily believe that I’d started that fire, and I also couldn’t come to terms with the fact that I’d practically made him hate me. Also, over the past week, considering it had gotten out that the fire had started deliberately and I had been the only one in the house, the rest of the Avenged family had also been steering completely clear of me, and I was well and truly alone.

With another sigh leaving my lips, I tried to focus on folding the clothes, which was proving to be extremely hard. It seemed odd to me that such a simple task suddenly seemed so complicated. My brain just didn’t seem to be working, and it took me a couple of moments to register the fact that somebody had just knocked on the bedroom door.

Being too slow to call out a response, the door slowly opened and Zacky carefully walked in with a tray of food, placing it down on the desk and shuffling on the spot as he stared at me. I did my best not to acknowledge him.

“Heard you moving around up here.” He said, nervously shoving his hands into his pockets. “Thought you might want some food.

I didn’t look up, pretending to actually be interested in what I was doing. “I’m not hungry.”

Midge.” He sighed, edging closer the slightest bit. “You need to eat. You’ve barely eaten at thing these past few days.”

“I said I’m not fucking hungry!” I angrily snapped, throwing the shirt in my hands down. “Just drop it, will you?”

And at that, he sighed again. I expected him to just give up on his attempt to talk to me and walk out like he had done every day this past week, but he simply perched himself on the edge of the bed and proceeded to watch me as I folded the clothes. That only made me feel even more under pressure, and my hands began to shake, making it all even harder.