Chapter Eighteen.

Sorry this chapter's not great but I felt bad for not updating in a couple of days, so here you go! Please vote and comment!

**

After a day of shopping, the girls and I went back to Charlotte’s to discover that everyone else was there yet again.

 The three of us weren’t planning on stopping for long though, as Charlotte and Linds had both decided they were going to take me down to the beach this evening and introduce me to their friends from school.

“What time are we going out?” I asked Charlotte, as I dumped my shopping bags in her room and we then made our way back downstairs and out into the garden.

“Six, I guess.”She shrugged. “They’ll be there way before then, though.”

We joined Linds by the side of the pool where she sat, her feet dipped into the water as the sun shone down on her face. She smiled at me as I sat down next to her, and Charlotte went to the garden table where everyone else was sat, grabbing three cans of Coke and turning to her parents.

“We’re going out tonight, Mom and Dad.” She announced. “Linds and I are going to take Midge down to the beach to introduce her to the guys from school.”

“Sounds like fun, sweetie.” Val smiled. “Who will be there?”

“The usual.” Charlotte said with another shrug.

“You mean those guys you hang around with?” Matt raised his eyebrows.

“Yes, Dad, there will be boys there.” Charlotte rolled her eyes. “But Wednesday and Sierra will be there too, okay?”

“Okay, okay!” Matt held his hands up. “I’m just checking, that’s all.”

“Are you guys going to need picking up?” My dad then asked.

“Um...” Linds spoke back, “I don’t think so. It’s not very far. We’ll probably just walk back.”

“Why don’t you and Linds crash here tonight, then?” Matt suggested, looking at me. “That way, your dads won’t have to worry where you are.”

I glanced at my dad for confirmation, at which he just shrugged.

“Fine with me.” He smiled.

Straight away, it became apparent that Linds didn’t need permission from either of her parents to stay at Charlotte’s, as she must’ve done it pretty often. Brian and Michelle didn’t even appear to be listening to the conversation all that much, as Brian was talking to Jimmy and Michelle was laughing at something with the rest of the girls.

“Awesome,” Charlotte grinned. “It should be a good night.”

**

By the time the three of us were making our way down to the beach, I was pretty excited to meet Charlotte and Linds’ friends. I wasn’t sure what had given me so much confidence around new people these last couple of weeks, but I was positive it had something to do with my want to start a new life here.