Chapter Thirteen.

This is really just a filler chapter and it's not very good, because it was pretty much written completely in tiredness, but I felt really guilty for not updating for a few days, so here it is! Please vote and comment; tell me what you think!

This chapter is dedicated to Charlotte, because she helped me with what direction to go with it and she also supports my decision to buy four pugs, unlike a certain Mr. Seward xD Wooooo!

**

After spending the day with Jason and becoming completely comfortable within his company, we proceeded to go to dinner with the Avenged guys that evening. It was all pretty surreal, but it was apparently a tradition of theirs to end tour with a meal out together. And it was helping me get used to them as well, as they would be in my life all the time now.

“I should make a toast!” A very drunken Jimmy announced, making many other people in the restaurant look over at him. He didn’t seem to notice as he stood up, stumbling slightly, and then held his glass up. “To young Midgeth Berry! We’re glad to have you back, kiddo!”

As Johnny hysterically laughed, everyone proceeded to hold their glasses up and join in with the toast, grinning happily at me. My dad pulled me into his side as an attempt of some sort of slanted hug, which had me nearly falling off my chair.

It was fair to say that in the few hours we’d been at the meal, I’d gotten to know the guys pretty well, and vice versa. Now that everything that had happened with my mum was out in the open, including the fact that she had no idea I was even here, I was able to relax more and joke along with them. They made me feel like I had family, for the first time in God knows how long.

“We should be getting back to the hotel soon.” Jason murmured to me. “We still have to pack to go home tomorrow.”

I nodded, even though I didn’t have anything to pack at all; everything was still in my duffel bag.

“I’ll just pop to the bathroom and then we can go.” I replied, to which he then nodded.

Pushing out from my chair, I stood up and shuffled away from the table, making my way into the ladies’ toilets. I wandered over the wash basin and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Already I was looking better; a lot healthier.

However, the fact that my mum was probably trying to frantically find out where I was back in England, was nagging at me incessantly. My main worry was that she’d find me. I’d made it clear to her before I left that I wanted nothing to do with her, but she was persistent, I would hand that to her.

And then there was the intimidating thought of having to go back to Huntington Beach tomorrow and try to fit in with the Avenged family. A family that had built itself without me over the years, even though I belonged in it. What if the other Avenged kids, Charlotte and Linds, didn’t want me suddenly barging into their lives?

It’d gone pretty well so far since I’d arrived in New York, but what if it’d gone too well. What if there was a catch?

I shook those thoughts from my head and tried to think positively. Even though I sort of had a reason to have a negative outlook on everything, I knew it wasn’t going to help. I’d been determined enough to find my dad, and that had worked, so maybe if I was just as determined to make all of this work, it could possibly go well.

I twisted the handle of the tap, letting the water run into the sink, and placed my palms underneath, splashing the liquid onto my face. It was a refreshing feeling, almost like I was turning the page over that contained the last seventeen years of my life, and starting completely fresh.