Chapter Twenty-One.

Please vote and comment! :)

**

With Zacky round for the rest of that night, I didn’t get to bed until late. Not that I was all that tired anyway, after my long nap in the afternoon.

Zacky passed out on the sofa at some point past midnight. My dad had long been asleep by then, but I woke him up and told him to go to bed, at which he did. I made sure to get a blanket for Zacky before I went up to bed myself, and by the time that I did, I was ready for sleep all over again.

I appeared to be the first one awake that morning. Once again, the house was dead silent, the only sound being the birds chirping outside. As I sat up and glanced at the clock—noticing that it was only just coming to nine AM—I began to realise just how hungry I was.

Getting up and getting ready, I decided I’d make breakfast for my dad and Zacky as well as myself. All in all, I’d had a pretty good night last night, and I was glad that I’d spent it with the two of them instead of up in my room by myself.

I showered and dressed, brushed my teeth, did my hair and makeup and finally made my way downstairs. Zacky seemed absolutely out of it on the sofa, so I made sure to be quiet as I went into the kitchen.  I was indecisive at first as to what to make, but I eventually decided on pancakes.

It was then that I discovered that I lacked the ability to be quiet in the kitchen. My cooking skills were pretty good, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I woke the whole neighbourhood up during my search to find the things for the pancakes.

It woke Zacky up, that was for sure.

He wandered into the kitchen when I was halfway through making the first pancake, looking adorably tired with his hair ruffled as he rubbed at his eyes. Luckily, after my dad had fallen asleep pretty early last night, it’d just been Zacky and I, so I’d pretty much gotten used to speaking to him normally when it was just the two of us.

Annoyingly, though, my feelings were still there.

I smiled at him as he stopped in his tracks and raised his eyebrows at the sight—probably of me cooking.

“Ah, that’s what woke me up.” He said, smiling slightly as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Sorry...” I sheepishly replied. “I kind of lack the capability of making food quietly.”

He laughed as he sat at the kitchen island, clearing his throat, and poured himself a glass of water.

“Whatever it is, it smells good.” He commented.

“Pancakes.” I said. “Uh...do you need any aspirin?”

He seemed to contemplate it for a moment, taking another sip of water, before he shook his head.

“Nah, I think I’m good. Thanks.” He said. “Hangover will probably hit me later.”