Chapter Twenty-Three.

Please vote and comment!

**

I felt like I’d been knocking Johnny’s front door for ages before he finally answered.

My anger had just grown by the second. I couldn’t believe there was something my dad was keeping from me. Especially after all the things my mother had kept from me. I thought all of that was out of the way.

Obviously not.

I knocked again, growling to myself in frustration. From where I was stood at the front door, I could faintly hear the sound of music and laughter coming from the garden, which was obviously the explanation as to why no one could hear my incessant knocking.

It was starting to seem like no one would ever answer, but I was determined to stay until someone did. It took me about five minutes to remember that I had my phone with me, meaning I could call Johnny, seeing as I’d recently gotten everyone’s numbers put in my phone.

I dialled his number and waited, staring through the frosted glass of the front door to see if anyone was coming. Of course, they weren’t.

“Midge!” Johnny eventually answered his phone. “What’s up? You wanna speak to your dad?”

“I’m outside your front door. I’ve been knocking for ages.” I bluntly replied.

“Shit, sorry, we’ve got music playing, didn’t hear you.” He apologised. “I’ll come let you in right now.”

I huffed as the phone cut off and shoved it back into my pocket. Johnny’s figure became more and more visible behind the glass as he approached the door and finally opened it for me.

“Sorry.” He apologised again, ruffling my hair. “Your dad’s in the garden.”

I was too annoyed to even reply to that, and I think Johnny could tell, as he followed quickly after me. I was practically storming through the house, my anger probably radiating off of every inch of me. I knew it was certainly showing in my face.

In the garden sat my dad, MB and Jimmy. Typically, my dad was the only one with his back to me, so he didn’t see me coming straight away. MB and Jimmy both grinned at me, but I was literally too aggravated to acknowledge it.

My dad also grinned a wide grin when I stopped in front of him. It soon faltered when he saw my expression, though. The thunderous look on my face and the way my hands were placed on my hips in such a manner was enough to tell him that something was wrong, and I was beyond pissed.

“What is it...what’s the matter?” He asked me worriedly. “Are you okay?”

“Not really.” I snapped back.

He glanced at MB and Jimmy in confusion, the both of them merely shrugging. Johnny was watching in confusion from the patio doors.

“Well, what’s wrong?” Jason questioned again.