Chapter Seventy-Three.

Only two more chapters left after this one! Hope you all have a great Christmas :D

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think! Enjoy! <3

**

Six days later, we were back at Matt’s house for New Year’s Eve.

I’d been somewhat relieved when Christmas Day was over, as I was able to revert back to the comfort of Zacky’s home and spend time as just the two of us again. Christmas had been a lot more enjoyable than I’d expected it to be, despite the fact that my dad had barely said a word to me throughout the whole day, but my attention ever since had been pinned on the conversation I’d had with my cousins.

Having not seen them since we’d all spent Christmas Day together, I’d not been able to discuss the situation with anyone. Part of me was tempted to mention it to Zacky and ask for his input on the suggestion that it had been Ronnie who had started the fire, but our relationship had been the happiest and most positive thing in my life recently, and I didn’t want to hang a dark cloud over it.

I was hoping that tonight would be my night where I could fully discuss it with both Charlotte and Linds and hopefully be able to eventually prove something to my dad.

It was a case of just seeing Zacky at Matt’s, as opposed to arriving together like we had done on Christmas, as I’d spent the night before New Year’s Eve at Johnny and Lacey’s, due to the fact that Zacky had gone to visit his family for the night and my dad had absolutely refused to allow him to leave me alone in his house.

After arriving at Matt’s with Johnny and Lacey, I greeted everyone as I normally would—except my dad of course, who was still being as stubborn as ever—and tried to keep my behaviour around Zacky as normal as possible in the short time that we were sat next to each other while we were all casually holding a conversation in the living room. Charlotte and Linds managed to pull me away from all the adults after a while, and I quickly followed them up the stairs, not saying a word to them until Charlotte’s bedroom door was firmly shut.

“I can’t stop thinking about what you said, Linds.” I admitted, placing my half-full glass on Charlotte’s nightstand and throwing myself onto her bed. “You know...about Ronnie being the one that started the fire.”

“Me neither.” Charlotte instantly agreed. “But I think Linds is right. I mean...it’s something Radke would do.”

I tilted my head, propping myself up on my elbows. “Do you really think so?”

“Yes.” The two of them simultaneously replied, not a shadow of doubt coating their tones.

Sighing, I rested my head back again and stared at the ceiling, allowing my thoughts to completely overpower me while their conversation continued in the background. The idea of Ronnie setting my house on fire really seemed to hit a raw nerve with me. I knew that he’d never particularly approved of mine and Zacky’s relationship, but I’d thought that he really did care about me to a degree. If what Linds was saying was true, then I’d obviously thought wrong.

“Can I ask a question?” Linds’ voice interrupted my thoughts, causing my gaze to dart to her again. “It’s totally fine if you don’t want to answer, but I guess it’s sort of important.”

I gave a single nod, not looking away from her. “Go ahead...”

“Well...what did you argue about?” She shifted on the carpet, clearing her throat. She seemed to be uncomfortable while talking about any situation involving Ronnie—I’d noticed that many times before now. “You said weeks ago that you two were dating. Was that true?”