Chapter Four.

Elo, here you go! Please vote and comment; I like to know what you think :3 Enjoy!

**

I’d pretty much isolated myself from everything over the next three days.

My room seemed the most appealing place to be, even though I really didn’t want to be in this house at all. Rob hadn’t come back since he’d left the other day, and I didn’t blame him. My mother had spent each day drinking and crying, and she was an absolute mess.

I’d also done my fair share of crying. It went in patterns; sleep, cry, sleep, cry. And no matter how much I cried, it wasn’t enough. Neither was the sleep. I was physically and mentally worn out.

I woke, once again, with a headache. Groggily, I sat up and looked around the room, my gaze quickly falling onto the scrunched up photograph that was lying on my crumpled covers. The amount of times I’d looked at it over the past few days had made it a bit worse for wear, but I was determined not to let it out of my sight, while I was still deciding what to do about it all.

I wanted to move out of this place, but my little cafe job was no way near enough to fund for any of that. The thought of what to do about my real father was intimidating, and one that was so heavy it made my head hurt even more.

I managed to drag myself out of bed and into my bathroom to shower and dress. I didn’t feel up to actually doing anything with my appearance, so once I was in a fresh change of clothes and had brushed my teeth, I tied my hair up and left it at that.

I came to the realisation, when I re-entered my bedroom, that I’d woken up a lot later than I thought; the time was nearly half past three in the afternoon.

I threw yesterday’s clothes onto my bed, deciding I’d run them through the wash in a minute, seeing as there was a rapidly growing pile in the corner. Like I had done for the past few days, I left the curtains closed, blocking myself from the outside world.

I listened out to see if I could hear any movement around the house. I couldn’t as of yet, but that didn’t mean there was no one about. My mum was probably just sat, quietly smoking and drinking.

Grabbing the pile of dirty clothes and the ones on my bed, I left my bedroom and began to shuffle my way down the hall and stairs. The silence roaming through the house was eerie, and I almost expected something to jump out at me.

Just as I expected, my mother was sat at the table, a cigarette in one hand a glass of alcohol in the other. It looked as if she was nearly falling asleep, but my abrupt entrance into the kitchen made her eyes snap open and she looked at me in surprise.

Of course, I just ignored her and proceeded to walk into the laundry room, minding my own business as I put my clothes on a wash and then stared out through the window at the sunny day. It wasn’t anything I could appreciate like I normally would; the green grass, the blue sky and the hot sun. It didn’t make a difference to me now that my life was in pieces.

I heard small, shuffled steps enter the room from behind me. I’d not been sure if my mother would have the courage to approach me, but apparently, she’d built enough up to do so. I didn’t turn round, wanting to let her know that I wasn’t going to just talk to her like everything was okay.

She cleared her throat, obviously trying to get my attention, by I stayed staring out of the window.

“Hey, Midgey.” She eventually said, her voice raspy as she edge closer to me.

I said nothing at first, trying to resist the urge to turn round and yell at her there and then. I didn’t want to lose my temper too quickly, as my head was hurting enough as it was.