Chapter Thirty-Four.

Please vote and comment! :)

Enjoy!

**

Ronnie did sneak me out over the one week and four days that I was grounded. Numerous times, actually.

And Zacky somehow managed to find out every time. He didn’t tell my dad, though, and I was extremely appreciative for that.

I’d become a lot closer to Ronnie and Zacky while I was grounded. Simply because Ronnie had snuck me out so much, and Zacky had spent so much time at my house. I was completely comfortable around him that it just felt so natural to be in his company now. It didn’t surprise me if I woke up one morning and he was in my house. It just felt normal.

My dad had pretty much forgiven me for the whole walking out of the meal situation, but he’d stuck by his rules of grounding me and had no idea that I’d snuck out so many times. I did feel guilty, but there was nothing I could do about it now.

Time passed by quickly, and before I knew it, I was waking up on my eighteenth birthday. My dad was stood by my bed, a tray of breakfast in his hands and a huge grin on his face. It took me a couple of moments to wake up, before I finally propped myself up and smiled back at him.

“Good morning, birthday girl.” He greeted me, reaching out to ruffle my hair. “I made you breakfast.”

“Thanks, Dad.” I smiled back at him, accepting the tray of food as he handed it to me. “That’s really great.”

He smiled again, and then perched himself on the end of my bed.

“Now,” He said, playfully hitting my leg, “I wasn’t sure what to get you, so I—‘’

Dad!” I interrupted, a groan escaping my lips, “I told you not to get me anything!”

“Wait!” He laughed back at me. “I thought I’d just give you some money so you can buy yourself some stuff. There’s quite a bit there so it should last you a long time. And then there is one present that you’re getting later at your party. I know I agreed not to get you anything, but I couldn’t resist.”

I sighed as I shook my head at him. “You are unbelievable.”

“Hey, come on! Give me some credit. The last birthday I spent with you was when you turned one.”

My face fell slightly then, and guilt began to wash over me. I knew it wasn’t my fault that my mother had done what she’d done to my dad, but I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him. He’d been excited about my birthday more than I had.

In fact...the whole family had.

“Well...thanks, Dad.” I smiled again. “I mean it.”

He stood up and reached over to pull me into a hug, before he went to walk out of the room, stopping in the doorway and turning around.

“We’re leaving for the party at about seven, okay?” He said, at which I nodded, and he then left the room.

The party was being hosted at Matt’s, which I’d recently found out was where most Avenged parties were held. I honestly didn’t want such a fuss made, but everyone was insisting, and Zacky was finding every minute of it rather amusing.

Seeing as I’d never really experienced a happy or exciting birthday, I’d gotten used to just treating it like a normal day. The majority of my day was spent in my room, chatting to people on my phone and listening to music like I usually did when I stayed home. I occasionally left my room to get something to eat or drink, but that was about it. My favourite part of the day was probably the nap I had.