Chapter Sixteen.

Show's over now guys, so I'll be updating more often! Please vote and comment! :)

**

“There you are!”

I smiled in reply to Linds as I approached her and Charlotte back out in the garden, just coming from conversation I’d had with Zacky.

“Where did you get to?” Charlotte questioned with a smile. “We were about to go looking for you.”

“Oh, uh...I was just on the phone.” I answered, holding my phone up. “But it’s okay. They won’t be calling again...hopefully.”

They didn’t seem to catch onto that as I sat back down. I wasn’t sure why I didn’t want to tell them that I’d been talking with Zacky, but I was still slightly flustered by how open he’d the made the conversation—drunk or not.

“You missed Jimmy chasing Johnny around the garden.” Linds said, laughing as she spoke. “He was shouting so loud, the neighbour told him to be quiet.”

I laughed along with them, looking over to the guys where Jimmy and Johnny had now settled down, still dripping wet from jumping in the swimming pool, but they were now talking over more drinks.

“Hey, where’s Uncle Zack—‘’

Charlotte’s words were cut off by footsteps behind us, and we all turned to see Zacky stepping out of the patio doors, approaching us with a clearly drunken smile on his face.

“Hey, girls.” He simply greeted us, ruffling my hair as he walked past and continued on to where the guys and girls were sat.

Linds and Charlotte just watched him walk away with amused smiles, as I sorted my hair out, a slight pink colouring my cheeks.

“Such a drunken fool.” Linds said with a laugh, making Charlotte nod in agreement.

It looked like Charlotte was about to start another conversation, but her dad suddenly called her name, looking over at us.

“Hey, Charles?” He said, smiling at me quickly and then looking back at her. “Why don’t you and Linds show Midge around the house? She hasn’t seen it properly yet.”

It seemed like a perfectly normal suggestion to me, but it obviously had more meaning behind it, as Linds and Charlotte glanced at each other, both rolling their eyes.

“Sure.” Charlotte replied, standing up.

As Linds then also stood up, I took that as my cue to join them. I glanced back at the guys and girls, who were all watching us silently, and then followed the girls towards the patio doors.

“That means the adult conversation is starting.” Linds explained, noticing my completely confused expression. “They’re trying to get rid of us. They always do at some point in the evening.”

Oh.” I said, catching on.

“Yeah.” Charlotte nodded, rolling her eyes again.

It was quiet then as the others continued to socialise behind us, and we made our way inside the house. I now knew my way to the living room and I could slightly remember how to get to the kitchen from when we got here, but there was still a lot to see, so we’d probably be out of the way for quite a bit of time.

“I’m just telling you before you get the shock of your life, Midge,” Linds was the first to speak again, making both Charlotte and I look at her. “This house is insane.”

“Oh, shut up.” Charlotte laughed, playfully hitting Linds on the arm. “Your house is just as huge.”

“Yeah, but at least mine has some normality running through it, unlike this place.” Linds grinned. “Nobody needs two swimming pools.”