Chapter Forty-Four.

Hellooooo! Hope you enjoy this one 'cause I quite liked writing it :3

Please vote and comment!

**

I went out with Ronnie as soon as my dad had left to go visit his parents on Friday evening.

Practically a few minutes after my dad had pulled out of the driveway, waving me goodbye for what seemed like the hundredth time, Ronnie was pulling into my street and parking outside of my house, urging me to come out with him.

I was relieved when the whole night passed without him trying anything stupid—we had a small argument when he got to the point of being extremely drunk and decided to yell at me for apparently wearing too much eye makeup, but considering we were around other people, I just brushed him off and ignored him.

By one AM, I decided to leave the party, and Ronnie was too out of it to notice. Saying goodbye to the half-decent people I’d spent the night with, I began to drunkenly make my way home on foot as always. For once, I felt okay with walking home on my own. It’d been a pretty good night and the alcohol was bringing out Happy Midge tonight, so I stuck my headphones in and listened to some music, texting away on my phone as I walked.

It appeared to be quite a calm night with barely anyone about, which was surprising for a Friday night, but it made my mood even better. The music also seemed to make the journey go by quicker, as I when I properly zoned back in and became more aware of my surroundings, I realised I was walking along the promenade and staring at out over the beach.

What actually snapped me out of my happy drunken thoughts was the fact that over the loud music playing through my headphones, I was pretty sure I could just about hear the sound of running footsteps. I yanked my headphones out, immediately making the sound become louder, but before I could turn round to figure out who it was, somebody grabbed my arm and spun me around.

My eyes were immediately met by Zacky’s green ones, and the corners of his mouth lifted into a grin.

“Hey, Tiny!” He enthusiastically greeted me, lifting me up.

It was at that point that I immediately knew he was as drunk as me, but it didn’t matter because he seemed as happy as me, too.

“Whoa, hey!” I blinked, a laugh escaping my lips. “Where have you been?”

“A bar.” He replied, placing me back down on the ground and smiling.

I also smiled. “Nice.”

“And where have you been?” He then tapped my nose, causing my smile to widen.

“A party. I uh...I was just heading home but I realised I left my key at home.” I shrugged. “Typical Midge.”

“Well then, let’s go for a swim!”

With a grin, he began to pull me towards the steps that went down to the beach. I couldn’t help but laugh at his enthusiasm, and it was about time that I got this swim with him that he’d promised me.

As soon as we were on the sand, he ran past me, ripping his shirt off and throwing it to the ground. Considering I was so drunk, I let out a laugh and proceeded to do the same, not giving any thought to the fact that I was walking into the sea in just my bra and a pair of shorts in front of the guy that was supposed to be like an uncle to me.

He immediately swam over to me, stopping in front of me, and I sent him a nervous smile.

“So...” He attractively murmured, taking my arms gently and pulling me closer against him.