Chapter Eight.

It's getting closer now! :D Please vote and comment; tell me what you think! :D

**

That night was also spent in the airport. I was surprised someone hadn’t noticed and told me to get out, but then again, they saw thousands of people every day. There weren’t going to recognise me from one night spent there.

So it had been another restless night’s sleep on a row of plastic chairs, and I woke early once again, following the same routine in the toilets as I had done the day before.

The only difference this morning was the fact that my phone began ringing mid-way through putting my make-up on. It made me jump ever so slightly, but I shouldn’t have been surprised. I was expecting someone to try and get hold of me way sooner than this.

It was obviously my mother’s contact name that popped up on the screen. All I could do was stare at the phone as it violently vibrated on the sink countertop. I wasn’t going to pick up, but it became evident that she wasn’t going to give up either. It seemed to ring over and over again, until after about the fifth time, she stopped ringing and left a voicemail.

The only reason I began listening to it was so I could delete it. Of course, it wouldn’t let me do that until I’d listened to the full message, so I sighed and waited as her frantic voice began speaking, her half American, half English accent ringing through my ears.

“Midgey, I don’t know where you are but please come home, sweetheart. I’m begging you. Look, I know I fucked up, I know that, but just...please. Please at least let me know you’re safe. I miss you. Give me a call or something, yeah? Love you.”

Rolling my eyes, I waited for the “press three to delete the message” , eventually being able to get rid of it and come out of the voicemail call.

I decided to just act like I hadn’t received the voicemail and continued doing my makeup, seeing as I had a lot bigger things on my mind.

Tonight was the night. The night of the Avenged gig. The night where I would hopefully find my father and get to speak to him.

I didn’t quite know how I was going to approach any of it, but that had always been me. I was always a rather free spirit, so like most things I’d done in my life, I’d just take it as it came at me.

When I stepped out of the airport after I finished getting ready, I had more sense of direction. Obviously, I didn’t know my way around at all, but after spending the whole day out yesterday, I managed to get the gist of how to get to what shops and cafes.

My main aim for today was to make sure I got my timing perfectly. I would wait until the end of the Avenged gig to try and find my dad, but I was planning on hanging around the arena for quite a bit of time before. I just wanted to make sure that nothing went wrong; I’d got this far, after all.

And even though I was confident about getting everything right, my nerves were making a show for sure. Even though I’d used  some of the money that the cafe guy had given me, to buy myself some breakfast, I couldn’t even touch it. I felt sick.

Somewhere, in this city, was my dad. For all I knew, he could be pretty damn close to me right now. It was that thought in my mind that had my head snapping round to every single man that walked past me and then looking down at the photo I kept in my pocket.

Tearing my gaze away from yet another person that walked past the window of the cafe, I stared down at my food, pushing it around the plate with the fork. I knew I probably was hungry under all my nerves, and I really should’ve eaten something, as I hadn’t had a proper meal in days. I just knew that I probably wouldn’t be able to keep it down.