Chapter Seventy-Four.

Almost done guys! I've finished writing the final chapter, which is the one after this one, so it will be up within the next couple of days and then I'll start posting the sequel in the new year!

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think! Enjoy! <3

**

The first thing I noticed was the almost-unbearable pain.

It was like a hangover, but ten times worse. Just opening my eyes seemed to send a wave of agony over my head—so much that nausea quickly mixed in with it—and I opened my mouth to scream out, only to come to the realisation that something was covering my mouth.

Glancing down, I managed to just about see a thin piece of cloth that had been pulled against my mouth and tied at the back of my head. It immediately had me reaching up to untie it, but even that slightest movement had me groaning in pain, and I resorted to just ripping it off in one go rather than fumbling around for ages, trying to untie the knot.

A shaky breath left my lips as I stared around. It was hard to tell where I was, as the room was only very dimly lit, but I knew I’d never seen this place before in my life. I soon came to the realisation that I was laying on a mattress that had been placed on the floor of this small, enclosed room. The dim light was coming from a lamp placed on a night stand in the corner, though the light bulb seemed to be quickly wearing out, as it would flicker every few minutes.

I couldn’t really call this room a bedroom. Even though it had the mattress and the nightstand with the lamp, I wasn’t really sure what it was. It just seemed like these things hadn’t always been here. That they’d been placed in this room for me.

The bulb flickered again, causing me to wince at the pain in my head, and I scanned the room in search for a switch to a main light. Despite soon coming to the realisation that there was no light hanging from the ceiling and the useless little lamp was the only thing I had, I only just then realised that there was a window to my left, hidden behind a dark pair of curtains. That had me immediately trying to stand up, but just as I managed to get to my feet, the door handle was suddenly yanked on, and I allowed myself to fall straight back to the mattress again.

I watched with wide eyes as the person walked in, their footsteps slow and somewhat unnerving. My eyes slowly travelled up from their feet as they finally stopped in from of me, and I clenched my jaw as my eyes met Ronnie’s, a malicious, sickening smirk, pulling at the corners of his mouth.

“So, you’ve woken up. I thought I heard you whining.” He said with a dark chuckle, tilting his head. “We’re about fourteen hours late, but happy new year!

I blinked, purely astonished and unsure of what to say. Too many questions were whirring around in my head for me to think properly, and as the bulb flickered again, I sharply glared at it as if I expected it to respond.

“Oh, yeah, I keep meaning to change that bulb.” Ronnie then casually said, also glancing at it. “It’s driving me up the fucking wall.”

Still unable to say anything, I watched as he flicked the lamp switch off and strolled through the dark, over to the window, and pulled back the curtains, causing the bright daylight to flood through the room and make me wince for what seemed like the thousandth time. That only made Ronnie chuckle.

“You have blood on your head.” He stated, strolling back over to me and leaning down to stroke my head. I quickly jerked away.

“Where am I?” I finally managed to demand, exhaling shakily. “What is this place? What happened?”