Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Sorry there was a bit of wait, but here's the next chapter! Please vote and comment :3

**

I was still completely uncomfortable with this idea.

The thought of spending the night at Zacky’s house just felt odd when I was feeling things that weren’t even supposed to be entering my mind. However, the fact that I was holding a text conversation with my cousin made me just a little more comfortable than I was when I got here. Thankfully, the relaxation countered the abnormality of the situation with a strange boost of confidence.

It had surprisingly not been the slightest bit awkward as of yet. I’d been lounging around just like I would at home and the time had been passing pretty quickly—it was late afternoon by now. I’d spent the majority of the afternoon asleep, which Zacky had quietly left me to do in peace, seeing as I was up half the night last night.

My brain had been on overload throughout the whole of last night which had made it hard for me to get any rest. I’d tossed and turned in my bed over and over again, trying to ignore my thoughts that were a whole array of different things. Things like Zacky, the guy at the station...my mum. I didn’t even know why I’d been thinking about her.

But after sleeping on Zacky’s sofa for the whole day, I was feeling much better.

My eyes flew open and I shifted on the sofa, immediately digging into my pocket for my phone. The screen identified that it was five thirty PM, and I had quite a few texts from about three different people.

I instantly began to reply, noticing as I did so that Zacky was nowhere to be seen. The house was silent, until I heard a door shut from inside the kitchen and footsteps then followed. I knew the door in the kitchen led to the garden, so Zacky must’ve been out there for some reason.

The footsteps stopped in the kitchen and the fridge was opened and shut a moment later, before the footsteps then continued. Zacky soon appeared. I could feel his eyes on me, but I was too engrossed in my texting session to look up.

“Hello you.” He greeted me, walking further into the room and perching himself on the edge of the armchair

Although I’d heard it there and then, I was concentrating so hard on my text to actually pay attention to the fact that he had spoken. It took a couple of moments for me to respond.

“Hey...” I replied, not tearing my gaze from the screen of my phone.

“What are you doing?”

“Texting Dylan.” This time, I answered straight away. It had turned out that both Dylan and Adam had asked Linds for my number, and she’d not hesitated in giving it to them.

“Who?” Zacky asked.

“Friend.” I murmured back.

There was a slight pause then. I was still too engrossed in my text conversation to really think anything of it, but I definitely noticed it.

“A...platonic...thing, or?” He questioned.

“Totally. On my part, anyway. But Charlotte seems to think he's maybe interested in something more.” Just as I was saying that, a text from Charlotte about that exact topic popped up on my screen, and I let out a laugh.

“Oh.”

“Yeah. At least Dylan’s being subtle about it if he really is interested.” I shook my head. “Adam on the other hand...”

“Well...you’re certainly getting yourself around.” Zacky then said, complete seriousness in his tone. I was honestly quite taken back by it.

I finally looked away from the screen and glanced at him with raised eyebrows, an unsure laugh escaping my lips.