Chapter Forty-Eight.

Hellooooooo! Here's the next chapter! They will start getting longer again, I promise :)

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think!

**

I didn’t go home that night.

After fetching some blankets from his car, Zacky and I made our way into the cave at the end of the beach and curled up, just lying and talking. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d been this happy, or if I’d ever been this happy before, but none of that mattered anymore.

I was Zacky’s girlfriend.

And it was the most amazing feeling I could imagine.

“You warm enough?” He murmured, breaking the comfortable silence as he pulled me closer into him and wrapped the blanket tighter around me.

I simply nodded, burying my head into his chest and lacing my fingers with his. Immediately, a smile appeared on his faced.

“Good.” He kissed my head, brushing some hair out of my face. “You’re so beautiful.”

I couldn’t help but smile at that. I’d never been good at accepting compliments, but I knew hearing Zacky say things like that to me would never get old. As the smile grew on my face, he chuckled, placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

“So now that I’ve stopped being such a coward, how are we gonna work around this?” He asked, stroking my cheek gently with his thumb.

I shrugged. “Well, we’re obviously going to have to keep it a secret for a while.”

“Totally.” He nodded. “You’ve only been here just about two months and I think we should get used to being with each other before telling anyone else about it. We’ll be able to keep it a secret.”

I also nodded and continued to cuddle into him, stroking his arm gently. Although the idea of openly being in a relationship with Zacky was more appealing than anything, I realised that we both had a lot to lose. It wouldn’t be right for him to just turn up at my house and announce to my dad that he and I were dating after I’d only been back two months and barely had any time with my dad myself.

And it could possibly effect a lot more than just my dad’s friendship with Zacky and my relationship with my dad. It could cause trouble with the whole family, not to mention Avenged. The last thing they’d expect would be for Zacky to turn around and say he was dating an eighteen year old that was referred to as his niece.

In all honestly, it did worry me as I thought about it in a much deeper way. I could potentially ruin a lot by dating Zacky.

But I was going to pick my selfish side and just carry on. There was no way I was passing up being with him. Not now I knew he wanted me back.

“What are you thinking about?” Zacky murmured quietly, playing with strands of my hair.

“Just...you.” I smiled, sitting up. “How lucky I am.”

“Mm.” He grinned back at me, pulling away and stretching. “I’m the lucky one.”

Shaking my head, I chuckled. “When did you first realise? You know...that you liked me?”

“Well,” He pulled me back into him, kissing my head, “The first time I felt attracted to you was actually the first time I met you. You know...when I saved you from those guys in New York and then you came into our dressing room?”

I nodded. “I did wonder why you were looking at me so weirdly.”

“Uhuh.” He chuckled. “I was just sat there thinking ‘who the hell is this girl?’...and then I got told that the girl I was gawking at was Jason Berry’s kid, and I was like fuck.”