Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Please vote and comment! :3

**

The rest of that evening was spent pretty much in silence.

It wasn’t awkward in the slightest, which surprised me a little, but Zacky had been in an odd mood since our conversation earlier. Almost like he was completely wrapped in his thoughts.

After sharing a pizza and watching some film on the television that neither of us appeared to be paying any attention to, I excused myself from the room and made my way upstairs to take a shower. It didn’t take very long, seeing as I’d washed my hair only this morning, but I still stood under the hot water for longer than I’d planned to.

It was only when I stepped out of the shower that I realised I’d left my change of clothes in the room I was staying in. I was planning to change into my nightwear, seeing as it was nearing ten PM by now. I didn’t sleep in any real pyjamas—just an old band t-shirt and some shorts, but it was what I found comfiest.

I wrapped a towel around me and quickly made my way across the hall and into the room, then changing into the clothes, and I then had to take a trip back to the bathroom to retrieve the clothes that I’d taken off before my shower.

It was only when I was going back to the bedroom a second time that I stopped in my tracks and began to study the place. I’d not really had that much of a look at Zacky’s house—I’d not felt the need to, as something just made me feel comfortable as soon as I walked in—but it was only then that I realised it had an edge of sadness around it.

The only reason being the three photos that were hung up on the wall in a row.

They were all pictures of Zacky and Gena, looking like the happiest people in the world as they grinned at the camera and held onto each other. It made me realise that, despite how happy he seemed now, he’d obviously never truly gotten over her.

Sighing at that thought, I turned away from the pictures, only to walk straight into Zacky. I’d had no clue that he’d been standing there all along, but the fact that he’d seen me staring at the pictures had my cheeks heating up immediately.

“I...” I murmured, not knowing what to say as he simply smiled at me. “I was just—‘’

“I really need to get round to taking those down.” He interrupted me, his gaze flickering to the photos again. “They’re just gathering dust there.”

He’d said it so casually that it made me wonder whether he’d just not gotten round to taking them down, or part of him didn’t want to. Part of him wanted to perhaps pretend that nothing had changed.

I began to shift on my feet, not really sure what to say. It wasn’t like I could stand there and tell him that keeping those photos on his wall was unhealthy.

“I guess it’s just...finding something to replace them with, right?” I pathetically said, then immediately realising how it sounded. “The photos, I mean!”

Zacky, however, just laughed at my worry that I may possibly have offended him and shook his head.

“I know what you meant.” He smiled. “But I do need to find something to replace them.” He looked at me pointedly then. “The pictures.”

“Of course...not Gena.” I blurted out.

And then I could’ve slapped myself. Because Zacky wasn’t aware that I even knew who Gena was, and now it looked like I’d been asking around about him.

Surprise shadowed his face, his eyebrows instantly shooting up, and I just wanted the floor to swallow me whole.

“You know about Gena?” He asked me interestedly, not seeming at all freaked out or annoyed.