Chapter Forty.

Please vote and comment!

Enjoy! :D

**

What I was doing only hit me just as we were driving into Long Beach.

The car journey had been fun and had taken my mind off of the fact that I’d left my family back in Huntington without telling them that I was going to be away for the night.

Despite the fact that it was night time, we drove with the windows rolled down as if the sun was pouring into the car, and our music was loudly blaring out. I was surprised by how comfortable I felt, but something told me this was going to be a pretty good night.

I only knew that we were going to yet another house party, but this one was in a nicer house in a nicer area this time. Ronnie had told me about how his friends in Long Beach were a lot wealthier than the ones he knew in Huntington. It made me question how he knew them, but I didn’t ask him. I decided just to enjoy myself.

He grinned over at me from where he was sat in the driver’s seat, reaching over to quickly ruffle my hair.

“Nearly there now, kid.” He announced cheerfully. “Tonight’s gonna be awesome.”

I grinned back at him, shifting in my seat as he drummed his fingers against the steering wheel along to the music.

“Where are we staying tonight?” I asked interestedly. “A motel?”

He shook his head. “I have a friend that lives around these parts. He’s away for the night so he said we could stay in his house.”

I nodded, though the smile slipped off of my face the slightest bit. Whether it was going to be a good night or not, I didn’t like the thought of being in a house alone with Ronnie. I was hoping that we’d spend so much time at the party that we wouldn’t get to actually go to the house.

He was right about it being in a much nicer area that where we usually went to parties. I studied the neighbourhood as we pulled into a street. They looked like the types of houses that everyone in the Avenged family lived in. From the outside, you could tell they were big, spacious and well looked after.

I waited to see which house was the one that the party was being held in, but it was pretty easy to tell. A big house halfway down the street had a few people stood on the front garden, socialising with drinks in their hands. I raised my eyebrows. It looked so civilised and not at all like the kind of party Ronnie would enjoy.

There was no furniture strewn across the lawn or boarded up windows. The grass was neatly cut and the outside of the house was clean and free of any graffiti.

“Whose house is this, anyway?” I raised my eyebrows, turning to Ronnie as he parked up.

“Just a friend of a friend’s.” He shrugged. “If truth be told, I could’ve taken you to a party like we normally go to, but I thought I’d take you to something more...you, seeing as we’re out of town. I wanted you to feel comfortable, didn’t I?”

“Something more me?” I questioned his wording.

He chuckled. “Your family has a lot of money, Midge. You can afford to live in these types of houses. You’ll get on with everyone just fine.”

Although I usually hated it when he went on about the types of houses my family lived in and the amount of money we had, I chose to ignore it and stepped out of car. The people stood on the front lawn didn’t acknowledge us as we walked up the garden path. I waited to see if Ronnie would knock on the door, but he just opened it and let us in himself.